HTML Editor 20008 crash

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

I tried creating a project out of this site I'm designing, but when I clicked the pointer to make the project tab go back into the left side of the page, it crashed all over the place. Access violations, all kinds of messages. I finally had to shut it down, couldn't even save, by using the XP ctrl-alt-delete window to close the program.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you post information on your computer system please and the exact steps you took (describe what menus, icons etc you clicked)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Can you post information on your computer system please and the exact steps you took (describe what menus, icons etc you clicked)

AMD XP1400 box with 512 megs RAM, running XP Home.

I open my index.html file, then swing out the docked Projects tab on the left and make a new project, specifying name and directory, then save that. Then I click the finger pointing to the left, which is supposed to swing the Projects tab back in against the left side. Nothing happens, so I click it again.

Then I get an error: Invalid pointer operation.

I click OK, then an error: Access violation at address 0404E00 in module Coffee.exe. Read of address 060403FD.

I click ok, then get another error: Invalid pointer operation.

Then after OK on that, error: Access violation at address 0404E00 in module Coffee.exe. Read of address 040403FD. ( this time )

Then error: Invalid pointer operation.

It goes on and on like that.

It was repeatable, I just did it to reply to your query.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I will have to see if I can find a copy of XP Home around. We will have a new version of the '08 probably in a week or so.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.