Help with HTML Editor 2008

User 117689 Photo

6 posts

Hello to all. I am hoping someone can help.

Here is my problem.

I have html 2008, I think its very cool software for a rookie who is learning to move away from web site templates and build my web site from the bottom up. Here is my problem ladys and Gents.

When I would input my codes for my css style sheet that I have linked to my html page, I dont always see a change in my html page when I would view it in my browsers, but when I would open dreamweaver I would see the change.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

May I suggest you click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. No need to keep posting your email address in a public forum.

Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing. Are you viewing your pages using Dreamweaver to see what is on your computer? You can also do that with the HTML Editor.

You don't always see changes using a browser. Are you viewing the pages actually on the website, or as files on your computer? Are you clearing the cache for your browsers?

Do you have a link to the site that will show the problem?

If you are viewing the pages on your computer (not an active website) you will need to be sure both the latest HTML file is saved, and the latest CSS file is saved.

Lots of questions, and few answers, but if you give us more information, we may be able to help you solve the problem.
User 117689 Photo

6 posts

Thank you anyway I was able to figure out my own problem.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.