Help! If you don't know HTML then...

User 466727 Photo

3 posts

Where's the MANUAL for this darn thing???? The NEW and EASY HTML2008 visual editor is my version.

I'm not an HTML code buff but I know how to use FP 2k and it works like a charm. Very easy and intuitive. May be limited by todays standards but when I bought it I could learn it.

Why doesn't CP make a book for this thing? Is there one out there I can buy...that addresses THIS software version...the visual part? I can't even figure out how to change the background. Or simple things like that. I found it in the samples...but when I drag it over...it's fuzzy like a smallimage pixelated...

I don't want to cuss the CoffeeCup people yet but this software stinks so far. And it's billed as a beginners dream. Huh!!!

Anybody point me to a good direction? Or just ask for my money back??

BM
User 427108 Photo

292 posts

Why didn't you test the software before buying??
And if you want a good direction, calm down and read the help on line or/and F1 key for local Help. You can also put some technical questions in this forum.
Jimmy The Sailor
http://www.jimmythesailor.net (trying to show my photos)
http://www.art-i-batik.com (my wife's gallery)
User 391687 Photo

35 posts

I feel for you ! I used to use Site Spinner. For 50$ this is the easiest yet most powerfull drag and drop tool you can find. BUT BUT BUT - there comes a time in your web development education when you have to get to the next level since WYSIWIG tools have *huge* LIMITATIONS. So you have to kuckled down adn learn HTML and CSS. That's the bad news. The good news is that with good book HTML is easy and CSS is ever easier. It wil take you a few weeks part time study and you will build sites like the pro's.

The best book is "HeadFirst HTML and CSS" published by O'Reilly.

remember we are all learners !

good luck vincej

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.