Help! Compatibiltiy Issue HTML2008R...

User 527124 Photo

1 post

Can anyone explain how to fix this CCup HTML 2008R / Windows Vista issue so all of my most current website html files are all in one place and things make sense again?

Website design was under control until my Windows XP laptop died and I bought a new Vista laptop. I Downloaded Installed CC HTML 2008R from CCup website then copied my website directories and files into the C:\Program Files\Coffee Cup Software\Working Dir like it was on my old xp laptop.

Then used CC HTML software as always to update 1400 html website files and created 30 new html files & 2 subfolders (using HTML2008R in "CC Working").

When done, (in CC HTML 2008R software)I right click to COPY the new folders/files to a flash drive to backup, but it WOULD NOT PASTE. No error msgs. Just wouldn't paste to either my flash drive nor my hard drive.

I Closed HTML 2008 and went in through Vista Explorer "My Computer" to the CCup Working Directory to do a "Copy" BUT VISTA EXPLORER WILL NOT SHOW the updated files, new subfolders or new files, ONLY the old folders/ files I originally put there.

After a couple hours of frustration (reboots, reinstalls) I noticed a top bar icon button in Vista explorer called "COMPATIBILITY FILES" and when I clicked it, AMAZINGLY it then shows my Coffee Cup Working website dir with MY NEW html files / folders HOWEVER, LOCATED in hidden part of my User section: AppData/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/Coffee Cup Software/Working.

I'M STUMPED.

WHY ARE MY FILES HERE?

NEXT PROBLEM:

When I went to copy my entire 1400 file (90 Meg) updated website to a flash drive, it only copied 822 files (20 Meg) instead of all the files. Apparently this Vista "compatibilities files" location only decided to copy 822 of the 1400+ original files and I don't know which ones nor why.

This is a webmaster nightmare.

Can anyone explain how to fix this CC HTML 2008 / Vista issue so all of my most current website html files are all in one place and things make sense again?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I know there was a thread concerning this issue before. I'll see if I can dig it up. I have a really good feeling Vista wouldn't freak out if the working directory weren't located in Program Files, but that's the default. I know this doesn't happen to everyone, but I can't remember what triggers the Compatibility Files, whether it's due to upgrading or copying the files from a previous version (or XP), if Vista would even know such details. I'll post back later.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.