FTP works in HTML Editor 2008...

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

This is so weird.

FTP uploading works fine for me with HTML Editor Pre-release, but NOT with the independent FTP software, the Sitemapper, OR the Flash Font Builder.

BUT my paths and all other settings appear the same in those programs.

I just wish there was a way to test the FTP in those other programs, so I could see why, instead of just messages saying that it didn't work.

But what the heck is going on here?

I worked around it with Sitemapper, by going to HotDog Webmaster 6 and uploading the stuff that way, but now it's happening the SAME way with the fontbuilder, now that I downloaded and am trying that today.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you tried turning on or off passive mode?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Have you tried turning on or off passive mode?

Yes. It won't connect either way.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

You may try checking your setting for 'Initial Host Folder'.
Some of them require /public_html , some public_html/ etc.
If you don't have this set correctly, when you connect to your site, it will show you the folders, you then click on the 'Upload' button, and it looks like the files are being uploaded, but they won't be there when you look. If you have that setting correct, it should work in conjunction with setting the 'passive' mode.

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Scooterman wrote:
You may try checking your setting for 'Initial Host Folder'.
Some of them require /public_html , some public_html/ etc.
If you don't have this set correctly, when you connect to your site, it will show you the folders, you then click on the 'Upload' button, and it looks like the files are being uploaded, but they won't be there when you look. If you have that setting correct, it should work in conjunction with setting the 'passive' mode.

The thing is, I have the exact same settings in HTML Editor 2008 pre-release and IT works fine.

But I can't get the other programs to work right with FTP.

( Flash Website Font, Sitemapper or the Direct FTP program. )

With the exact same settings.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.