Access Violation in HTML Editor 2008

User 299201 Photo

1 post

I'm trying to create a new web page using the Visual Site Designer and then making changes using the HTML editor. I'm using version 2008 Build 242 of the HTML editor and version 5.9.4 of the Visual Site Designer both registered versions. I'm doing my work on Vista Home Premium SP1.

The problem I'm having is recreated as follows:

I used the Visual site designer and created a new web page using the template operation (classic template - design 2). I saved the web page (made no changes to it). I then used the HTML editor to open the page. I go to the Visual Editor and make a small change to the page (added some text to an existing text box). I try to save the page (or go back to the html edit function) and I get the following access violation:

"Access violation at address 59A0AB38 in module 'triedit.dll". Write of address 00700030".

By building a page manually with the HTML editor I was able to determine that the following line of HTML generated by the Visual Site Designer was causing the issue:

<div class="Object9"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td valign="top" align="left"><div class="text-align:left;margin-left:0px;text-indent:0px;"><span class="textstyle0">Welcome to my Homepage<br></span></div></tr></table></div>

If I remove the <div class="text-align:left;margin-left:0px;text-indent:0px;"> and its corresponding end then I no longer get the access violation. Don't know enough about HTML at present to know whether this is valid, and even if it were why it would result in the violation - would like to know why and if this is valid HTML. Thanks.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.