Access violation error, HTML Editor 2008

User 132259 Photo

9 posts

I've just updated to v2008. I get an unremovable "Invalid pointer operation" error repeatably by doing the following:

Click on Code Snippets, then pin the window by clicking the icon in the upper right corner.
Click on the icon in this position to unpin the window.
The access violation error is followed by a "Invalid pointer operation" error.

Environment is XP sp2 on an nx9010 HP/Compaq laptop. That has run v2007 and v2006 successfully. Fortunately I can go backwards. 2008 does not appear to be reliable.

George
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

George,

I just confirmed that I also get that error, and after clicking ok several times, I get another error message: Access violation at address 00402380 in module 'coffee.exe'. Write of address 00000000.

I will forward this to the programmers.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Confirmed. We will have a fix shortly for that. Thanks!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132259 Photo

9 posts

Guess that's good news. I'm curious - how will I know when I can try 2008 again?

George

PS - why do I need to login twice to post to this forum? Once to access customer care, once to gain posting privilege. Or am I missing something? g
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The forums and customer care are 2 separate things. The fastest way to find out about updates is to subscribe to our RSS feed.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132259 Photo

9 posts

Thanks. Altho' it's not encouraging - the last feed seems to be from Nov. 2007. Not a whole lot of traffic, eh?

George
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Fear not George. If you log into the download section under Customer Care, you can sort by Release Date. You'll see there's been a lot of updates since last Nov. ;)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Our feed is always updated when new versions comes out.
User 427108 Photo

292 posts

It's working pretty good, I say.
Jimmy The Sailor
http://www.jimmythesailor.net (trying to show my photos)
http://www.art-i-batik.com (my wife's gallery)
User 460123 Photo

Trial User
1 post

what is the solution to the access violation error?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.