Happy Friday Gang! Form Designer 3 build 373 is now live.
This version includes several user interface improvements to make it easier to interact with the canvas and design tools. A friendlier control indicator when hovering over elements, a new toolbar with sleek colors and icons, plus an improved viewport slider and breakpoint bar.
Important note for macOS users.
- The slider better indicates what breakpoint area you are currently designing for. The breakpoints themselves are also more defined with a new arrow shape.
- We also included some handy right-click actions to the element tree as well.
- Cool double click actions were added! Double click from the Components Dialog to automatically add the item to your project. You can also hit that mouse twice on an existing category when importing a component.
- You’re gonna love the new Inspector Filter with Search Functionality. Locate a class or element fast by keying in the term into the search. The app will bring up all the items that are a match and will highlight them on the canvas.
- Enjoy a more direct way to add/replace images. When double clicking the Picture element on the canvas, the resources dialog will automatically appear for you to swap out the placeholder.
- We also fixed up an Picture element undo/redo issue where the Undo control kept looping, replacing the image between two local resources.
Please be aware that this version has new name. Now it is prefixed with `CoffeeCup` so all of our apps are grouped. Therefore you might need to remove the old `Form Designer` to ensure the new one `CoffeeCup Form Designer`is always used.
Have a wonderful day!
Learn the essentials with these tips on Site Designer. You'll be making epic, code-free responsive sites like a boss.