Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 478586 Photo

269 posts

Chad Spillars wrote:
Hello there, a few more items, as promised:

3-I'd like to see a zoom in and out feature. This would make it easier to select multiple files at the same time to move them around on the page. Right now I can "select all" elements on the page, but if I have just one section that needs to be moved to the left or right a few pixels I have to click on each of them individually, or only a few at a time because I am limited by the display on my computer.

OOoh I would LOVE to have this feature!
User 478586 Photo

269 posts

Mark Harrington wrote:
How about a tmeplate feature allowign you to make a master page and then use this and any changes beeing updated across the website pages without having to edit the same things on every page.

I would like to see this feature as well :)
User 478586 Photo

269 posts

Mike wrote:
How about the ability to have a background image go beyond the page border? the only option I see in VSD is to have a solid color go beyond the border...

Can this be implemented? is there a workaround?

I know it's possible to have the same image for the background as well as have that image go beyond the border. This is how:

Click "Page" at the top, choose your Image, then click "Settings" and choose "Continue the background fill beyond the border".

I hope this helps some :)
User 451118 Photo

57 posts

One thing I'd like to see--if no one has mentioned it yet---is for the drop down list of pages to come down in columns so you can see them all at once and click on the one you want to open. Since we can't do global changes and have to go into every single page to make certain changes, it would be so nice if you could click the menu, click the page rather than having to add the annoying scroll down time.
windy
User 1950693 Photo

29 posts

How about, duplicate page layout option? Such as 'select all' then all existing pages will basically be a template that you have created rather than cut and pasting each time you create a new page. Maybe there is such a function, but don't know how to do this.
      I would like to see other features for example a counter and other simple templates or codes to copy and paste for us beginners like 'next page' and 'back' such as: « Prev 1 2 3 Next ».
        I think a simple email contact form should be included for insert and if you want to customize it, then you buy the web form builder!
          Basically the little things that make websites look a little more proffessional and add a little bit more functionality for the user and the designer. If you are buying software for a simple non shopping website, it should at least include all the basic professional functions of a website without requiring additional purchase.
            Also, all templates included should be fully 'tweakable'!
            "Become the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Ghandi
            Kris
            User 201546 Photo

Ambassador
            24 posts

I second several of the suggestions in this forum - like a template page that automatically makes the changes across all pages or a command that you can click or activate that says "Apply changes to This Page Only" or "All pages". This feature is found in Adobe's Captivate and saves a ton of time in editing.

1) Would really appreciate (maybe this already exists, but I am not aware of it) a panel area over on the right-hand side of the program where there could be multiple panels opened at once, instead of having to switch between the single, opened panels constantly.
            Something similar to what is found in Adobe's Flash or Photoshop or Jasc (now Corel's) Paint Shop Pro. The panels may be docked, opened, arranged, layered, re-arranged, etc.

2) Another great feature would be to have a layering panel-feature. Where, if necessary, you could turn off certain graphics and items to be able to accurately align and place other items.

3) One more suggestion, a simple tree-hierarchy view, like in Netobjects Fusion, where we can see the full layout and order of the web site like a powerpoint organization chart view. Then you could easily arrange the pages from that view. Similar to the view of Sitemapper. Maybe it could be printed out also, which greatly helps in following the logic or layout of a site. It helps if you are showing clients also to explain the nature of a web-site.

Anyway, what you have is a great product. Appreciate what you have done as a company.

As mentioned by other suggesters, thanks for allowing us to have our two cents worth!
            Trainer-Educator-Innovator
            Entrepreneur
            Process Improvement
            Creative Thinker

User 451118 Photo

57 posts

For the sake of speed, I would like to be able to preview just the page I'm working on.
            windy
            User 103828 Photo

6 posts

I would like to see if the vsd temp file could be moved from the Windows user profile temp file to the program file for vsd. This way the User profile temp files become less burdened. Tell me what ya think.... ;)
            User 2010592 Photo

17 posts

My 3 main complaints are the upload errors, the save errors, and the fuzzy images.

If the new version eliminates any or all of those problems I will be happy! :D
            J

The Cartoon Coach
            http://thecartooncoach.com
            User 429274 Photo

19 posts

The Cartoon Coach wrote:
            My 3 main complaints are the upload errors, the save errors, and the fuzzy images.

If the new version eliminates any or all of those problems I will be happy! :D

hmmm, that's interesting. i couldn't figure out why the images i was using looked so fuzzy. i resize them in CoffeeCup's PixConverter.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
            You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.