Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 342307 Photo

10 posts

Thanks, Scott, I guess getting the updated functional details have to wait? I would love to know the delta between the last build and the beta.
User 2097524 Photo

9 posts

It sure would make it easier to design objects for insertion into VSD pages if there were a ruler in VSD so I could see how many pixels wide (or long) a space is.
User 1965015 Photo

81 posts

There are good free tools already available to measure width/height in pixels. Two good ones are Mio Toolbox and Pixel Ruler by Mioplanet Software:

http://www.mioplanet.com/products/

I've used both and either would do the job for you. Mio Toolbox is actually more than pixel rulers; it also includes screen shot, color picker and other useful tools.

Hope this helps.
Jim

"You can see a lot, just by looking."

Main Site:
http://www.availablelightphotogallery.com

Store:
http://www.availablelightphotogallery.com/store/
User 2012138 Photo

11 posts

Howdy,

1. I would suggest an emphasis on site management/workflow features.

*MS Publisher, for example, has a cool feature that allows you to define common elements on master pages. All pages inherit the elements from the master page, enforcing a consistent look & feel. This is more than just a template, because at any time you can make a change to the master page and those changes are then pushed out to child pages. Very cool.

*I would also love to see a tree structure of all my pages - as sites get larger, it makes it a lot easier to navigate.

2. It would be great for VD to handle tables. Now I understand that VD's point is to make layout more of a drag and drop experience, but tables are a way of life in the web world. And not just for page layout. For an online catalog, I have to export a table from excel to html, then touch up that html table in Publisher, then frame that html into a VD page. I need to include publisher, because VD can't handle tables.

3. For color selection dialog boxes - I would LOVE one of those color picker tools that allow you to move a mouse over the desktop to grab/identify a color from a different webpage or application. I find that amazing useful.

Thanks,
Garrett
Lather, rinse, repeat
User 2012138 Photo

11 posts

Garrett Bernstein wrote:

3. For color selection dialog boxes - I would LOVE one of those color picker tools that allow you to move a mouse over the desktop to grab/identify a color from a different webpage or application. I find that amazing useful.

I would so love that feature that I didn't notice that Visual Designer already has it -- oh man, that's bad.

Sorry!

Garrett
Lather, rinse, repeat
User 2121932 Photo

2 posts

As someone who's spelling is horrific, I would love to have a spell-check feature added to the text function. :cool:
User 2145401 Photo

1 post

in visual site designer it would be nice to have a check mark to resync website changes, rather it resyncing everything when only 10% really changed.

Thanks

Scot
User 40822 Photo

Ambassador
6 posts

It would be great if Visual Site designer had links on the left side for ALL Coffeecup programs instead of just some. I own 19 programs and wouls kke easy access to all of them.
User 2154725 Photo

1 post

When uploading to the server and you get "Error Occurred While Uploading," I would like to see an error message with details on what caused the error. I uploaded my 1st site yesterday and had to figure it out by trial & error.
User 353082 Photo

1 post

I have been (and still am) a CoffeCup fan for years and still use VSD (and other products) as my default development tool. I believe I have tried most if not all of the others in this development space.

I think WebPlus X4 is the strongest competitor to VSD and would like to see some of their tools implement into VSD. I am sure the CoffeeCup team is aware of the program so I will only refer to the features to save writing details:

1. The smart object has some cool features (like the hit counter)
2. Their 'navigation Bar' is well implemented ... no muss no fuss
3. Their 'Text frame' is well implemented and allows more flexible formatting.
4. Table tool is neat.

I still prefer the CoffeeCup culture and the overall CoffeeCup approach to web development is still more powerful but VSD needs an update.

I am also prepared to pay more for an updated VSD .... even if you have to rename it to VSD-Plus.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.