Post your website here! - Page 2 -...

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Marius... clever site and great images.
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Great site, Marius... Great photos. You should add a 'back' or 'home' or 'close window' button on some pages though.
John van Hulst
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

I added the Association, their 4 hits, and some other singles to http:/sixties.johnvanhulst.com

Colin, I know some songs are not from the sixties. Some are later, some earlier. My criterium was that the artist should have had at least one hit in the sixties, or started his/her career then... Like Steve Miller
John van Hulst
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

I added the fantastic album 'Rockpile' by Dave Edmunds -his first album- to http://sixties.johnvanhulst.com . I just received the CD! Rockpile is a One Man Band production, Dave Edmunds did everything himself. He made several albums this way.
John van Hulst
User 448695 Photo

88 posts

My site:
www.bumpybuns.com.au
Bumpy Buns
Specializing in Australian Modern Cloth Nappies
www.bumpybuns.com.au
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

sharonj wrote:
My site:
www.bumpybuns.com.au

Great site Sharon...you have done a good job :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Steven Gavora wrote:
Here's my first attempt.
trainingenterprises.net

Well done, Steven. It must have been a lot of work! Some remarks, though

1: you link to another page using green buttons that shift a little bit if you mouse-over them: OK. But if somebody has moved to a page, the button on the new page is still the same one, including linking to the page itself. So: remove the link there (it's useless, only takes time). And I advise you to remove the mouse-over as well, and to give the remaining single button another color (darker or lighter green?), so that it's clear for your visitor on which page he/she has landed. Of course do this for all pages the same way. Navigation is more clear this way.
2: Why do you use a white background fill, while the main color of your pages is black. The contrast is too high! By the way, it's more or less 'common sense' not to use white text on a black background on business-orientated websites. Black text on a white background improves readability, and it is not that gloomy....
John van Hulst
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

sharonj wrote:
My site:
www.bumpybuns.com.au

Very well done, Sharon. One of my remarks though is the same one as I posted commenting on Steven's site: the links on pages 'where you are' still link to that page itself. For instance: if you click on the home button while you are on the home page, the page rebuilds itself. This is disturbing and not needed. The same goes for all text links in the table on the left side. Remove all those links and give them another color when you are on the destination page, to make your layout less disquieting and more clear for your visitors.
John van Hulst
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Steven Gavora wrote:
Here's my first attempt.
trainingenterprises.net

One other small remark, Steven: the placement of your company logo shifts sometimes switching from one page to another... If you use Visual Site Designer full screen, then in the right lower corner you can see xy marks of the active object, to make it easy for you to place the object the same way always. Use the arrow keys for pixel-correct placement
John van Hulst
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

John,

I read with interest your comments regarding menus and color/contrast issues. There are probably at least two sides to each of these issues though:

There are some valid, practical reasons for keeping the menu the same for all the pages on a site, even though the menu item with a link to the page you're on may cause the occasional, unintended reload. For one thing, it saves time when you make a modification to the menu and just have to copy the same block of menu code to all pages.

I would agree that a site with a black background should either have the black extend all the way out, or have some other dark-colored background for the portions beyond the specified page width. Apart from that, though, the issues of readability, color choices, contrast, etc. is a whole science in itself, not to mention the personal views on 'what looks good'. I personally tend to like a site with black (or otherwise dark) background and white (or other light color) text, and have no problems reading it that way.

Again, John, I should emphasize that I'm not suggesting that you are 'wrong', only that there are a multitude of valid viewpoints on these issues! ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.