Suggestions for Bootstrap Builder -...

User 114507 Photo

10 posts

Hello community,
I am registered user of Bootstrap Builder (and trying to get grips with it)

There are issues I am running into. For starters I am using the the Shuttlebug theme.
It appears very difficult to change the background image of main items. How to select these?
Also do bg images live on my PC or not.

Also how to add items to the pull down menu?

How does one add an a new page tot the pull down. How does one make it accessible?

Is this done within the Builder environment or do I edit this in the HTML editor.

I see a lot of effort is made to explain all items in the interface. I miss a best practices/
getting started tutorial or video. Or is this available?

Fred
User 114507 Photo

10 posts

Is it so that making changes to a template have to been done 4 times?
I am experimenting with Shutterbug. I seen than changes made in the largest screen are
not seen in the smallest. Does this mean I need to make adjustments for every screensize
seperately?
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Bootstrap is a mobile first framework. That means you start with the smallest screen (mobile view) and any changes there you make will apply to the larger breakpoints (screen sizes).
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Fred, In your chosen theme the images 'live' on your computer. You will see the images when opening the Resources, then the image folder.

The first image is the background of the first row. The next two images are backgrounds of columns (I haven't checked them all, though...). To change the first one, select the row and scroll down the design pane to the section Background. If you have an image you want to use somewhere on your computer, then open Resources again, the images folder, and import it. Then it is easy to replace an image with another.

Maybe someone else will reply to your next questions. If not, I'll get back here when I have some minutes...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 114507 Photo

10 posts

Hello Inger (& Brian) thanks for the replies.
I'll start cleanslate and stay on mobile format.
Also changing the images I figured out but selecting somehow not always possible.

Is this a proper workflow:
Build from scratch/ or use template in builder.
then,
Make visual+content adjustments to the template.
Then publish.

Is it so than I can stay within Builder throughout the whole process, or do
I use my html editor to finalize.
(e.g. I haven't figured out how to change and add items in the main pulldown).

Thank you again for your replies - really helps me to get going.
Fred - Amsterdam the Netherlands.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Fred, I'm back again... ;)

To make new menu items:
Click on the 'hamburger' icon, then open the Inspector pane. (Remember to keep the working pane within the smallest breakpoint!).
In the Inspector pane you find the hamburger as 'Font Icon link'. Right below it there is a 'container' with a symbol to the right; it is an eye with a slash though it. Click on that eye to open it. On the working pane you will now see the menu items appear as text links.
Back to the design pane you can select a text link and copy it. See attachment. With one text link selected, click on the button with the red 1 on it as many times as you need links. At 2 you write which page the link is to take you to, and the button 3 is to edit the text on the actual link.

Hope this will help you a bit further.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

Oops, forgot the attachment...
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

I just saw your post...
Selecting a background image can be tricky, especially if dealing with nested elements (row - column - container - more containers.). You may have to start with the outermost one and if the image is not a background of that, then go to the next element in etc. You can also get some help from the bottom part of the inspector pane. If there is a background image, it will be mentioned in the css.

It should be possible to do it all within RSD. But if you need a form, it would be better to create it in CC Web Form Builder and insert it into your project.

If you get stuck, then just holler! ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 114507 Photo

10 posts

Ok Inger - thanks for all your advice and tips.
User 114507 Photo

10 posts

Hi Inger - I am getting acquainted with the interface now.
But still puzzeled.
- changing bg images is difficult. I managed the header following your direction but other blocks don't seem to happen.
I see my chosen image in the column, row and grid but still the image won't change. Also I wonder why I see the template images on 3 or 4 levels.

- I changed the font and this is visible, but in the interface I see the original template font.

May have some further q's later on :D

kind regards, Fred

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.