In order for the information in your password file to appear in the correct fields, it must be in the following order:
- Real Name
- Company Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Time Zone
- Expiration Date (uses local system date format)
It must also be formatted according to these rules:
- You don’t have to include all the above information. All fields after the last provided entry will be left blank. If you would like to leave certain fields blank, use a comma in their place.
- Each profile (real name, title, username, etc.) must be on its own line.
- Each field, such as the username and password, must be enclosed in double quotes (i.e. "real name","title","username")
- Each field is separated only by a comma, with no spaces.
- If any of your fields contains a double quote or comma, these characters must be doubled. For instance, if you had a user whose name was Scott "Scooter" Swedorski, Jr., you’d have to format it as Scott ""Scooter"" Swedorski,, Jr.
- If any of your fields contains a hard line break, replace it with $#D. For instance, if you had a note about a user that contained two paragraphs of information, you’d put $#D where you’d normally click the Enter key.
Here’s an example of how all this should look:
"Scott ""Scooter"" Swedorski,, Jr.","Mr.","sswedo","YIcALjoS315","http://www.foo.com",,,,,"Atlanta","Georgia",,,,,"English",,"Administrator.s#DGive full access to all folders."