We’ve compiled a list of the major issues that many sites and you’ll find Search Engine statistics listed here as well.
Features of the Search Friendliness Tab:
- robots.txt: Use robots.txt to stop search engines from indexing pages that might include duplicate content like, for example "print versions". Always make sure that the search engines are not blocked from indexing the main content!
- Favicon: Although this has no direct impact on SEO, it is a great way to brand and improve the visibility of your website. Ultimately this might translate in a higher rank. This little icon allows you to place your company logo or corporate brand in the browser address bar.
- sitemap.xml: Help your users navigate your website and inform search engines which pages to index by including a sitemap XML file. Search engines love them!
- iOS Home Screen Icon: This allows iPhone and iPad users to access your site quickly without having to open their browser. It also improves the visibility of your site and brand. Creating your custom icon is very easy and takes little effort.
- Domain Age: Checks to see how long ago your domain was originally registered.