When attempting to uninstall the HTML Editor, you may receive this message:
"This software was installed under an account with administrator rights. You should log on an account with administration rights to uninstall this software."
If you encounter this message, follow one of the workarounds below:
- Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\[YourUserAccountName]\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software.
- Right-click the file unwise.exe and select "Run as administrator". The uninstaller should start and automatically find the install.log file and present uninstall options.
If the install log file is not found and this results in an error message, try the next workaround instead.
Just so you know, this is basically what this workaround will do:
- Creates a shortcut that will be run as the system administrator
- Drags and drops the install log on the shortcut to start the uninstall as the system administrator
And here are the steps to accomplish those tasks:
- Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\[YourUserAccountName]\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software
- Right-click the file unwise.exe and select "Create Shortcut" from the displayed menu. A shortcut will be created in the same folder.
- Find the shortcut created in step 2. Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties" from the displayed menu. The Shortcut Properties dialog should appear.
- In the Shortcut Properties dialog, click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced Properties dialog, check the "Run as administrator" checkbox and click OK.
- In the Shortcut Properties dialog, click OK.
- In the Explorer window, find the INSTALL.LOG file.
- Drag and drop the install.log file onto the Unwise shortcut we created above. This should start the uninstaller as Admin and allow the uninstall.