Want to give your users the ability to comment on your Stream updates? You can! We recommend using the comment script created by the developers at Disqus, since it works especially well with Streams. Here’s how to make it happen.
- Go to www.disqus.com and sign up for an account.
- Enter your site’s URL in the Site URL field (you can use your CoffeeCup URL, such as yoursite.coffeecup.com)
- Enter your site’s name in the Site Name field, and write down the value that appears in the Site Shortname field. You will need this later.
- If you don’t already have a Disqus user account, enter your information into the fields under Primary Moderator.
- In the Settings page, choose which settings you would like to use in your comments section. You can always change these settings later. Click Continue.
- At this point, you can ignore the rest of the Disqus installation process and go to your S-Drive Dashboard.
- Choose the Stream for which you'd like to enable comments from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner.
- Under Manage Your Stream, click Customize Theme.
* Please note that you must be using a Full-page theme for comments to appear!
- Click Settings in the top menu of the Stream customizer.
- Check the box next to Enable Disqus Comments.
- Enter the Disqus Shortname you wrote down earlier in the field below.
- Click Save.
That’s all there is to it! Remember that you can tweak your Disqus settings at any time through their website.