You can use the Eyedropper tool to select a color from anywhere on your screen. Here's how:
First, select the Eyedropper tool from the Toolbar. This minimizes Website Color Schemer and opens a small window in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. This window contains information about the area directly underneath your mouse pointer.
- Zoom: This area displays a zoomed-in version of the area underneath your mouse pointer. You can use this to find the specific color you would like to select
- Sample Area and Color: These areas display the color directly underneath your mouse pointer.
- HTML: The hex code for the color.
- Web-Safe: Tells you whether the color is web safe.
- Red, Green, and Blue: Displays the RGB values of the color.
To select a color, click it with your mouse. This closes the small window and maximizes Website Color Schemer. The color you have selected will be displayed in the workspace so you can work with it.