IP Address removal from Form...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Dawna Ramsay wrote:
I did remove the ip address by adding the elements individually. But then the formatting disappears. Is there a way to keep the formatting as well?

You have to format each element with HTML.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2622983 Photo

8 posts

As you do not allow this to be a user option, turn IP and Time Stamping on/off, then you should provide some guidelines on how to format each element so the confirmation emails don't break!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Mike Buckovich wrote:
As you do not allow this to be a user option, turn IP and Time Stamping on/off, then you should provide some guidelines on how to format each element so the confirmation emails don't break!

That area supports full HTML/CSS so you can design it just like you would with any website. Just take the element names and wrap them with the HTML markup you want to use.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2622983 Photo

8 posts

And if you like the nice formatting when the "form_results" is used, here's a sample:
<div>
<table><tbody style="vertical-align: text-top; line-height:
30px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial;"><tr><td>Full name*:</td><td>[FirstName] [LastName]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Date of Birth*:</td><td>[DOB]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Field - 1*:</td><td>[Field1]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Field - 2*:</td><td>[Field2]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Field - 4*:</td><td>[Field4]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Field - 5*:</td><td>[Field5]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Field - 6*:</td><td>[Field6]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Delivery Method*:</td><td> [DelMethod]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Pick-up time*:</td><td> [PickTime]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Pick Up/Delivery Date:</td><td>[PickUpDate]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Phone Number*:</td><td>[PhoneNumber]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Email*:</td><td>[email]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Street Address*:</td><td>[Address]</td></tr>
<tr><td>City, State Zip*:</td><td>[City], [State] [Zip]</td></tr>
<tr><td>Submitted On:</td><td>[_submitted_]</td></tr>
</tbody></table>
<p style="font-size: 12px; color: #666666;">
</div>
User 1937185 Photo

52 posts

Whew...this came up for me too where client wanted IP address removed. took lots of tests but it worked with the code from Mike below and to change not only the edit the code in the Notifications email, the confirmation message (where I just removed [form_results] but also in the CONFIRMATION email...I almost gave up until I realized I didn't change the confirmation email... now client is happy and I'm ecstatic! *happy dance*
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hi Cindy, glad you figured it out. Yea I had a few clients that did not like that. I ended up just creating custom pages using RED for all my clients. If you haven't tried it check it out

https://www.coffeecup.com/email-designer/

Very easy to integrate.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 304038 Photo

11 posts

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. I bought a lot of your great software, the most recent being Form Builder. In fact I bought this only to be able to avoid spam, and a form looks better of course.
I can edit html with (my full version) HTML editor. But that won't help me to remove the IP-adress and I can't edit text like 'submitted on' (to Dutch).
My problem is how to (remove [form_results]) and insert the elements you want to appear individually

A uniqe selling point of your software is that a dummy like myself can make great websites. But with Form Builder I think this is different. And I don't want to spend another 69 dollars on RED.

Do you plan to make Form Builder more user friendly on this aspect? Or is there a step-for-step manual for this? If I missed it I'm sorry!

Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Lodewijk Jessen wrote:
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. I bought a lot of your great software, the most recent being Form Builder. In fact I bought this only to be able to avoid spam, and a form looks better of course.
I can edit html with (my full version) HTML editor. But that won't help me to remove the IP-adress and I can't edit text like 'submitted on' (to Dutch).
My problem is how to (remove [form_results]) and insert the elements you want to appear individually

A uniqe selling point of your software is that a dummy like myself can make great websites. But with Form Builder I think this is different. And I don't want to spend another 69 dollars on RED.

Do you plan to make Form Builder more user friendly on this aspect? Or is there a step-for-step manual for this? If I missed it I'm sorry!

Thanks.

That part is Über easy and RED is not required. Simply remove the [form_results] and then use the drop down list to insert each element individually formatting them with HTML.

Example:
First Name: [fname]<br>
Last Name: [lname]<br>
Address: [address]<br>

You can read more on how to do this at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … on-emails/ in the section "Editing an HTML template".
User 304038 Photo

11 posts

Thanks!

It is easy indeed, once you know how:).

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.