How to create your own options-lists...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Many of you may not know this, but there is a hidden feature in Web Form Builder that allows you to create your own custom options lists. These predefined lists are used for Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, and Drop Down lists.

To access these lists, go to one of these locations:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings[NAME]\My Documents\CoffeeCup Software\Web Form Builder\options-list

Windows Vista / 7:
C:\Users[NAME]\Documents\CoffeeCup Software\Web Form Builder\options-list

To make your own lists, open Notepad and create a new document. In the new document, put each list item on its own single line of text. You can use spaces to separate items, but you cannot use tabs. Also, if you intend to use any non-English character sets, make sure to use the HTML entity (instead of ø write ø) Open one of the existing options lists within the folder for reference.

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/options-list-software.png

So do you think you have what it takes to make a good options list? If so, share it with everyone here.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Here are two for sports teams.
Attachments:
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Here are 3 more:

Continents, Education and Employment
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Here are 3 more:

How Long, Income and my favorite, all Star Trek shows. ;)
Attachments:
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Colors & Shoe Sizes:

Attachments:
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

European shoe sizes, including children's sizes.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Days of the week in German.

I created a list of the days of the week in Norwegian, but the list showed up as empty because of 'lørdag' and 'søndag'. The culprit seems to be the letter 'ø'. As soon as I removed those two, the rest of the days showed up. I also tried writing the ø the Swedish way, 'ö', but that made the list not work again.

This has to be fixed, or this option list creation will be of no use to most of Europe and the whole of S America, and I don't know who else...
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:

I created a list of the days of the week in Norwegian, but the list showed up as empty because of 'lørdag' and 'søndag'. The culprit seems to be the letter 'ø'. As soon as I removed those two, the rest of the days showed up. I also tried writing the ø the Swedish way, 'ö', but that made the list not work again.

This has to be fixed, or this option list creation will be of no use to most of Europe and the whole of S America, and I don't know who else...

I actually ran into that today myself and I have it logged for a fix in the next update.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Right. I found my way to a solution. Instead of ø I wrote ø and that worked. Same with ö for ö. So herewith the days of the week in Norwegian.

Now my guess is, that there won't be too many of the users here who need Norwegian, but my reason for posting this list is that someone whose language is not English, may find my work-around useful - at least until CC comes up with a fix. ;)

Those who know html and the entities for the special characters for the language they want to use, can do the same as I did, but I guess there are a whale of users who have no clue about html. So there is still a need for a fix.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Inger Eik wrote:

And I agree!
(thank you Inger, for remembering our 'ö' ! :)
...and thank you Scott, for taking this recurring issue seriously!
- I hope the fix really will show up in the next update! ;) )

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.