Web Design Classes - Post ID 164358

User 2106022 Photo

6 posts

I am currently in a Business Systems class after a BSIT/SE degree and I have 2 Web Design classes comming up, does the CC stuff come recommended for this kind of thing? I'm learning a lot, but need help because I'll be using somebody's services and want to be on track before hand!
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Use the HTML Editor but learn how to code the rest yourself instead of relying on an application to write the canned code for you.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I used CC HTML Editor for my web design degree courses. Anyway the university was not recommending anything but free open source software for our work. . But Tom's advice is the best...get your head around HTML to get the best out of your course and the CC software.
User 2106022 Photo

6 posts

I am well ahead on that regard, I've been studying the Head First HTML, XML, and CSS and have a slight grasp on this, I also have Adobe Dreamweaver, but that feels like cheating so I don't use it much, YET. I am really looking to get my feet wet with the application end of it by using host servers and such to broaden my horizons before these classes come up. I have two java classes as well. Thanks for your advice, I will look forward to learning with CC.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

When you get started with the HTML Editor, I'm sure you will appreciate that it does what you tell it, no code of its own. And with the background skills you seem to have, I guess it will be the perfect programme for you.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2106022 Photo

6 posts

Thanks Inger, I have some Norwegian and Danish roots, good to make your acquaintence!:cool:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.