Returning search results from Forms....

User 2240342 Photo

2 posts

First, I've never seen a site where one can't ask a question about a product until they've bought, registered it and proven it. I'd rather ask the community (forums) the questions - better odds on a answer. I would like to suggest that it be pointed out at the outset, that registering for the forums does not mean one can post in them. '
Sigh - at the mercy as they say so...

In reviewing Formbuilder (FB), it all looks super. But so far, without hearing back from other users, it appears that building a database with FB is like - well, buying a new engine, then buying all the parts that surround it to make a car after taking a 4 year mechanics course. Those seem to be the answers to similar questions - "learn PHP" (with a link to the repliers site where he teaches - guess what - PHP)

FB seems to be easy enough and haven't used the trial yet - why, if I don't know yet if it's worth the try if the dbase just grows and has no other use.

CC should, if they haven't somewhere (and I've spent about 4 hours in total looking around here) offer a tool that using keyword/s will pull and display results from data created with FB. Wouldn't that make FB usable?

Thanks

I
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Why spend 4 hours looking around for answers when you can download the trial version and learn everything about it in 30 minutes or less? ;)

The trial is 100% fully functional.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2240342 Photo

2 posts

I know what the trial is. I've read enough I think to get a handle on that. I get it. It's a great GUI to create a form and store the data in a dbase. As the kiddie-coders would say "kewl". Now we have a dbase.

My project will have anywhere from 500 - 1000 separate submissions to the dbase via the form with each submission having 11 fields.

I know CC's FB will handle the job of storing the information in the dbase in an efficient and easy manner. Using the data, well, that seems to be the next hurdle - hence my suggestion that CC birth another great product, but one that allows returning of data using searches.

I've been searching now for a script that will retrieve and display data from the FB generated database using search parms. It's all down to what will work with what.

Thanks for the quick response even if I am limited to the Guest and Trial users mini-forum.

Side note: I did see in the FB category forum that others have asked the same question without results, except "learn PHP" and a generic script that returns all data - all of it!

I
BTW - the 4 hours was also spent with - Google - and it's starting to look like I'm having an affair with Google :)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Internaut wrote:
Thanks for the quick response even if I am limited to the Guest and Trial users mini-forum.

While you may have 'limitations' as a Guest/Trial Forum User, rest assured that the rest of us see your posts here and when someone is able to assist, they will...

I actually appreciate CC's forum set-up. I remember when they had it set-up without the G/T Section, and there was a large amount of SPAM to be waded through. Kept the mod's quite busy most of the time, and as one who is on here about every waking moment I was seeing most of the mess myself. So I'd much rather have it set-up this way.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

As one of the spam removers, I'm with Phil! lol.
Having only 1 forum to wade through for non registered members is better than having spammers in them all. And... actually having a forum for non registered users (it's only been here a year or 2) has been a very big help to those like you who have questions that those in the User Forums can answer for you :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.