I Must Not Have Read The Fine Print?...

User 2236928 Photo

15 posts

I bought VSD and was using trial versions of SCC Pro and SCD Pro. I created/modified a template using SCD Pro. However I bought just SCC Pro and not SCD Pro. When I tried to edit my cart, I got stopped dead in my tracks. Seems since I used a trial version to modify a template, I'm over a barrel now to pay for Designer.

It was my intention to modify a template to reduce the dead space on the Home Page where my text was entered. Other than that, Designer didn't seem to have any future appeal to me. There was even a passing thought in my mind that some of the templates had undesirable appearances. Thus requiring an investment in Designer. Maybe that was just good software marketing?

Trail users be sure to carefully read the fine print regarding what you can do with your finished product after the trial period ends. What you create during the trail may not be yours to use.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

A good point Randy, but then again it "is" a trial version and shouldn't be expected to give you full reign over a finished product past the trial period wouldn't you think? After all, CC is in the software business to sell their products, not give them away :P

Other than that, I and I'm sure many other users of the SCD Pro program can definitely atest for it's extreme usefulness in altering and designing themes to be used for SCC Pro carts and that it's the only way to get your shop to look like you want it to rather than just using stock themes. It's very powerful, gives you the ability to alter almost all the details of your themes. Definitely worth the cost and since you "can" buy stock themes and are not forced to buy the Designer program, I don't see any issue here :)
User 2236928 Photo

15 posts

[quote=Jo Ann]A good point Randy, but then again it "is" a trial version and shouldn't be expected to give you full reign over a finished product past the trial period wouldn't you think? After all, CC is in the software business to sell their products, not give them away :P

I agree. I wasn't expecting SCD Pro to give me full reign. I just wanted to reduce the text window size of the home shopping page so you didn't have to pull the page down to view the text at the bottom of the window. I didn't understand the control the trial version of SCD Pro would have over my template.

If there was a notice, "any templates edited with a trial version of SCD Pro will cease to function after the trial period", I missed it....sorry.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There already is a notice in the software for that. Anytime you save a theme in the trial version, this alert appears:

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/scc-alert-theme.png

Can't get any clearer then that! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

agreed, forgot about that little popup window too :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I agree that JoAnn agrees with Scott.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm,.... I don't know if I agree that Tom has agreed though! hehe. I'm pretty sure this is a calendarific moment! :P
User 322842 Photo

209 posts

WoW!
Another holiday for the calendar!!!
Were's the easter eggs? :lol:
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Where is the pro version?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.