Conditional Field/Don't Require...

User 2665383 Photo

6 posts

have an order form, where a customer can either order a part by number (from a chart that I have provided) OR they can configure a part by filling in the numerous fields in the form that I've created. There are a few required fields, that I only want to be required if they are configuring a part, not if they enter a part number in Part # box. I would like ALL of the fields to show, all of the time, even if they are ordering from the chart. So, if there is something in the Part # box, all of the other required fields are not required for that person.

Is this possible?

Thanks so much,

Annette
User 217790 Photo

45 posts

Don't know if I understand correctly, but if you are using CoffeeCup Web Form Builder, you would make a condition that operates on the #Part box. If the #Part box has an entry, then the other boxes (required if nothing in the #Part) would disappear from your form. I think this is what you want and you can achieve that by using CC WFB.
User 2665383 Photo

6 posts

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for your reply to my question. Yes, I'm using the lite version of Form Builder. I think I understand what you're saying. The only thing is, I want all of the fields to always show, when there is something in the #Part box and even if there isn't anything in it. I don't want any boxes or fields to hide, ever. I just don't want folks who fill in something in the #Part box to be required to fill out any of the other fields, because those required fields wouldn't pertain to those ordering a specific part.

Annette

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Annette,
Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are needing to do within the program. There may be some external scripts that can be used with the files that the form builder creates in order to accommodate your needs, but within the program it just cannot be done.

I'm not sure why you want all those other fields to be showing if they don't intend to use them, but if that's what you want then you'll need to make none of the fields required that you don't' want everyone to have to fill out.

I would highly suggest using the conditionals to hide what isn't needed. If you're having difficulties with setting that up we would be happy to help with that setup too. But truly that's the only way you can do what you are trying to do without having to hack into the files and manually add scripts to do it.
User 2665383 Photo

6 posts

Ok, that's kind of what I figured but thought I'd ask the question just to make sure. I'll give those options to my client and let them decide what they want to do.

Thanks so much for your quick response!

Sincerely,

Annette

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.