To:, CC: and BCC: email problem -...

User 506998 Photo

164 posts

This is strange. I've made a few forms and never had any problems. But this is strange.
I'm testing a client's form by having their email in the To:, a biz partner with the same domain as the client in the CC and my email in the BCC. I don't get a confirmation/results email. If I put my address in the To:, I do get a confirmation. Now.. my client has told me just today that he was having email problems... it might be because he just switched to ATT Uverse and has to verify his email. That said.. is the BCC mail success dependent on the success of the To and the CC ?
'Course I rekon it's not Coffeecup situation if that is the case... but.....
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hey Gary,

I have never had an issue with the BCC field on any webform and I do not believe one is contingent on the other but you never know. Maybe one of the CC staff would be able to answer this question.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Whenever I have seen that problem, it has always been something on the server side causing the issue. Most of the time it just corrects itself on its own. Never really seen any rhyme or reason to it though. Have you tried testing the form on S-Drive to see if it functions there?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 506998 Photo

164 posts

I did another test where I just used 3 of my personal emails that I know work and only the To: email is working. Now... I suppose a workaround would be just to put all the emails I want to receive notice in the To: box separated by a comma. But surely it should be working. I've checked my spelling a dozen times...
User 506998 Photo

164 posts

I see... a good place to test because it's a different server and we know the PHP and other server-side requirements are in order.....? Right.
My client and my personal domains are hosted by the same company but not in the same folder/account.

User 506998 Photo

164 posts

It works with all the emails in the To: box separated by a comma. Guess this might be the safer way to go.
User 506998 Photo

164 posts

This is still the case. Using PHP 5.4. Latest version of Form Builder. Hostgator is my server. The notification email settings for CC and BCC do not work. But I can put several email addresses in the to: listing separated by a comma to get around this. I see that there are others on the forum that have had this same problem for quite awhile. But it works for some, huh ? Oh well.

PS: Some folks mentioned using a semicolon between email addresses in the "TO" field, but I find commas work just fine.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You didn't say if you tested it on S-Drive or not. Did you?

I use the bcc a lot when I am testing forms and so far haven't had any issues with any email I have used.
User 506998 Photo

164 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
You didn't say if you tested it on S-Drive or not. Did you?

No. Embedded on a php page on a client's website. Works with the commas, but CC & BCC do not.
I'll make a very very simple form and upload it the same way to a test page and I'll return here and post the link with access to the config files.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I think the real test would be for you to upload the exact form you're having issues with to your S-Drive account and see if the issue is still there. Making a new form won't tell us what is wrong with the old one :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.