Notification Email not being sent on...

User 315488 Photo

90 posts

I have a form here: http://upc.utah.gov/evals/evalFormTest.html
The form works OK, but it will not send a notification email. I know the server works with email because I have a form that does work, but instead of being in a subdirectory (\evals), it is off of the root (upc.utah.gov/contact-us.html) instead of a subdirectory.
This is the one that works: http://upc.utah.gov/contact-us.html
sends me an email just fine when it's submitted, so I know the server seems to be working.

Do I need to put all pages that contain a WFB form in the root of my website?
What am I missing here or is it a server configuration issue?

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Check to make sure that all the web form files and folders are in the same directory as the page they are being used on. That is usually the culprit that gets many people as they think they should create a special directory for the form files and that's not the case. The files need to be in the "root" OF THE directory of the page the form code is being used.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Here is your script for the form:
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"UPC-EvalTest.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"100%\" height=\"3129\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E&lt;a href=\"UPC-EvalTest.php\" title=\"UPC-EvalTest\"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup Form&lt;/a&gt;%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
<iframe height="3129" style="border:none; background:transparent; overflow:hidden; width:100%;"
id="fb_iframe" src="UPC-EvalTest/UPC-EvalTest.html">
&lt;a href="UPC-EvalTest.php" title="UPC-EvalTest"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup
Form&lt;/a&gt;
</iframe>
</noscript>

See this part? src=\"UPC-EvalTest.php"

That means that the form page UPC-EvalTest.php has to be in the same directory as your site page evalFormTest.html.

You don't have to have the form in your root directory or even in the same folder as the page that calls the form. However, if the form is in a different folder, you MUST change your script to call the form correctly. So let's say that you create a folder in the root for your form called forms. Then you would have to change your script.

ORIGINAL
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"UPC-EvalTest.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"100%\" height=\"3129\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E&lt;a href=\"UPC-EvalTest.php\" title=\"UPC-EvalTest\"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup Form&lt;/a&gt;%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
<iframe height="3129" style="border:none; background:transparent; overflow:hidden; width:100%;"
id="fb_iframe" src="UPC-EvalTest/UPC-EvalTest.html">
&lt;a href="UPC-EvalTest.php" title="UPC-EvalTest"&gt;Check out my CoffeeCup
Form&lt;/a&gt;
</iframe>
</noscript>

CHANGES
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(unescape("%3Ciframe id=\"fb_iframe\" src=\"forms/UPC-EvalTest.php" + window.location.search + "\" width=\"100%\" height=\"3129\"allowtransparency=\"true\" scrolling=\"no\" frameborder=\"0\"%3E&lt;a href=\"forms/UPC-EvalTest.php\" title=\"UPC-EvalTest\"&gt;Change this text for the link people see if they can't use iframes.&lt;/a&gt;%3C/iframe%3E"));</script>
<noscript>
id="fb_iframe" src="forms/UPC-EvalTest/UPC-EvalTest.html">
&lt;a href="forms/UPC-EvalTest.php" title="UPC-EvalTest"&gt;Change this text for the link people see if they can't use iframes.&lt;/a&gt;
</iframe>
</noscript>
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 315488 Photo

90 posts

Thanks everyone. I got it working. It turns out that the problem was that my email program was sending the response to my spam folder because it didn't recognize the server it was coming from because of the way the forms send email. Something about the headers or stuff. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.