Important Information on forms hosted...

User 1222433 Photo

64 posts

Those with Godaddy linux server, the original files work fine, i only had problems when i changed them to the suggested PHP, after re uploading the original PHP everything was fine...
User 2658747 Photo

3 posts

I changed nothing from what needed uploaded from coffeecup form builder. Everything worked except mail to accounts in my own domain. They changed something in the mail settings between the account and the cpanel and it started working to those acocunts.
User 2714309 Photo

2 posts

I have had no problems connecting to data base viewing , submitting the form then reading submitted data.:P I think the best godaddy server configuration for such is the ultimate or top package and linux, don't know about the over visiting yet but am supposed to be good for 100 visitors at a time and if it drags down the server you can always add to your server resources. If your web site does more than that you should have your own dedicated server (hoping I make it there):lol: It seems that it works best as a single page with no sidebar but that may be my page creation skills or some interaction with dreamweaver. but with the header and footer and just form seems to work like a charm through first few tests.:cool:
User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

Hi,
I just downloaded the Web Form builder 2.4.5318 and I and having problems seeing my form on my web page (local peview). I copy/paste the script all the files exported for manual server set up into my root directory and still on my page I get the message "The file or directory could not be found." . From the posts and the suggestions here , I then have to worry with the Godaddy hosting :rolleyes:

So, one step at the time....what I am doing wrong ? Why I can not see my form on the page?

When I start uploading to Godaddy, do I need something specific to follow besides changing the user.cfg.php?

Thanks in advance
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Pelagie Hoebers wrote:
Hi,
I just downloaded the Web Form builder 2.4.5318 and I and having problems seeing my form on my web page (local peview). I copy/paste the script all the files exported for manual server set up into my root directory and still on my page I get the message "The file or directory could not be found." . From the posts and the suggestions here , I then have to worry with the Godaddy hosting :rolleyes:

So, one step at the time....what I am doing wrong ? Why I can not see my form on the page?

When I start uploading to Godaddy, do I need something specific to follow besides changing the user.cfg.php?

Thanks in advance

What is the url to the page?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

I did not upload the site yet....at this stage I am just doing the final adjustments for my contact page. When I try to do the local preview nothing shows up besides the error message :(

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Pelagie Hoebers wrote:
I did not upload the site yet....at this stage I am just doing the final adjustments for my contact page. When I try to do the local preview nothing shows up besides the error message :(

This is because most browsers block scripts locally. You would need to upload the site to be able to view the form itself. :)
User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

Thank you very much Adam :)

If I want to put a contact form into my online shop I am using Coffeecup shopping card designer how I can add it there?

Thanks a lot
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Pelagie Hoebers wrote:
Thank you very much Adam :)

If I want to put a contact form into my online shop I am using Coffeecup shopping card designer how I can add it there?

Thanks a lot

You can,

You can find how to accomplish this here http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … formation/
User 1222433 Photo

64 posts

In regards to GODADDY, just want to put your fears at rest, I host with godaddy, LINUX server, no problems at all using the webform builder, however.... if u follow the guide listed here http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/web-for … h-godaddy/ u might have problems, I did that when I first bought webform builder, it would not work for me. It works flawlessly in its original form, maybe it might be different for others...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.