Auto-response not showing photos -...

User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

My form requires people filling out the form to submit at least one photo. I have configured the email messages myself rather than using the default message. The Notification message works perfectly. The photos come through on their own, meaning I did not have to add the photo field label to the message in order for the photos to be part of the message. The Auto-response email is a different story - I cannot get the photos to come through. I tried adding the photo field label [photo1] to the configured email message, but all that does is add the name of photo. (If I added a photo titled Scamp3_Jul14.jpeg, the auto-response email shows Scamp3_Jul14_1s8t0e.jpeg instead of the actual photo.)

How can I get the photos to show? I figure something must be buried in one of the files telling the Notification message to show the photos, so it must be possible to show the photos in the Auto-response email.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is correct. The auto-response does not get a copy of the images. After all, they would already have them because they just filled out the form. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

True, they would. The reasoning behind showing the photos on the Auto-response is because if for some reason they need to resubmit the information, they can just reply to the Auto-response email.
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

I think I figured out how to do it by changing the datasavemailer.cls.php file.
User 1646640 Photo

3 posts

Hi Dee
Could you please share how you got this to work?

Thanks

mike
User 2686783 Photo

84 posts

Mike - Here is how I did it.

Under the php directory you will find the datasavemailer.cls.php file. Open the file and scroll down to line 108. That line is how the attached files get sent in the notification message. Notice above it, the auto response message doesn’t get sent the attached files. So, copy line 108

$this->_HandleAttachedFiles();

and paste it above line 104.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.