With a couple of weeks off, I have...

User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

Had some stomach stuff going on for the last two weeks and had to take some time off from work. Didn't really feel like doing much so I watched movies, sipped ice water and of course, surfed the usual forums and answered/asked questions. I spent a lot of time on CoffeeCup and I have to question when someone is bending over backwards for good customer service until their back is broke. The previous statement begs a serious question about customer service.

A couple of times on the forums, tickets were submitted and they were upset because it didn't get answered immediately(like an hour).

Newbie Tip(been there not long ago and still green): If you get a response within 48 hrs, that is exceptional customer service. I belong to 2 membership sites and I would do backflips(pay per view) to get the response that Coffeecup offers. Recent example of what could be bad CS:

Site gets hacked due to security vulnerability(no posting on the vendors site-- found out on another forum)

I reload site and the script has a autoupdate feature.

Doesnt work.

After I reupload the site per instructions 4 times and 8 emails later, it isn't fixed(the last 3 emails from the vendor was "you are next on my list"-->implying in couple of hours)...The emails started over 3 weeks ago.

This makes me a little upset when you pay good money and nothing seems to get done.

Now Coffeecup:

Last year I contacted Coffeecup and they took a message. Cezar Perez (hope I got his name right)responded within say 24-48 hrs, but what was interesting was that a couple of months later he sent another email asking me about the problem and making sure I had got a response. Was his answer what I wanted to hear? No.(I can't do that with the software).Was I impressed with the follow up. Yes!

True I am high on Coffeecup, not because a lot of there software is viable for experienced designers, but it gives new web designers an entry point to start from and few issues have I really had with the product. I like VSD so I decided what the heck this year and am using VSD instead of open//source solutions for a couple of sites.

I guess the jist is some people are not only new to web design, but they are not discerning what good customer service is. That's just my 2 cents.
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.