Windows 7 misc info plus one...

User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Hey I just today installed Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I have not attempted to install Coffee Cup programs yet,so cannot comment on that yet, but am already running into a few problems....

1-Windows 7 does not recognize my external hard drive so I cannot migrate files that I had backed up from Windows Vista.

2-Weirdness with iTunes, doesn't recognize files saved in iTunes backup folder, other users have reported this problem as well. (some user have also reported Win7 not working with multi-processor computers, having to dis-able one or more processors, install software, and then re-enable processor....)

Other than that, so far, I LOVE it! Windows 7 is really just a very stable version of Vista that you have to pay for over again. But no complaints here because it WORKS! :)

Quick question... does anyone know if it's possible for me to install Windows 7 Home Premium using a Windows 7 Professional disc? If I install the software using the Pro disc but type in a HP product key will it recognize that key and only install HP features? Anyone know?
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Interestingly, even in Windows 7 they haven't yet completely fixed the error that tells you that you don't have permission to do something even when you are logged in as the administrator. I just logged in as the primary user and tried to install Firefox and was told I didn't have permission. I thought for SURE they would have fixed that by now!
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.