Whiners and complainers - Post ID 7331

User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

I have been using coffeecup for around 4 years. Me and a partner started a now defunct computer company and I was new to web software. The truths I learned is:

Coffeecup offers easy solutions for most websites.
Coffeecup has excellent customer service.
Much of coffeecup software can be used by novice or expert.
Coffeecup once in a while has a bug and if they would only employ a few hundred research scientist then I would have the best software and get to pay 40 times what it now cost.
After staying up many nights searching for software, I find it's hard to beat coffeecup.
Just when I think I've seen everything, I find a site made by VSD that's smokin' .
Flashfire starter takes a little time to learn, but try mac@m@di@..its just a little more expensive(har) and if you cherish going insane, you'll love it.
The name goes with the fact I love coffee.
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

I started off way back with Frontpage 98, eventually gave up on that and moved to Namo WebEditor, which was an improvement but it messed up my Xara Webstyle templates, so I looked around for something that would play ball. That was four years ago, the £100-ish I spent on "Super Pack" at the time, is the web design BEST investment I ever made!

OK, as regards the HTML Editor, there was a learning curve... you have to accept that but it's a case of "no pain, no gain".. I know infinitely more now that I would ever have learnt if I'd stayed with a WYSIWYG.
The add-ons are exceptional, particularly Form Builder, and are easy to get used to, I use them all the time.

Oddly enough, VSD.. I don't use it much but for someone starting out, it's ideal for doing your first site.

In terms of support, I've never had any problems, when things haven't or don't work, it's usually me.. like most of the world, I don't read the manual first, I tend to jump in the deep end!

An application that I use almost daily is Camtasia Studio, which for those who haven't heard of it, is an application for making video instructional tutorials amongst other things. If you're out there on the net, you can't help but have noticed the explosion of video help tutorials and perhaps that is an avenue that CoffeeCup could further explore.

How much truth is there in:

"Show me, don't tell me but whatever, don't expect me to read the manual"
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

rod@abcomputered.com wrote:
I have been using coffeecup for around 4 years. Me and a partner started a now defunct computer company and I was new to web software. The truths I learned is:

Coffeecup offers easy solutions for most websites.
Coffeecup has excellent customer service.
Much of coffeecup software can be used by novice or expert.
Coffeecup once in a while has a bug and if they would only employ a few hundred research scientist then I would have the best software and get to pay 40 times what it now cost.
After staying up many nights searching for software, I find it's hard to beat coffeecup.
Just when I think I've seen everything, I find a site made by VSD that's smokin' .
Flashfire starter takes a little time to learn, but try mac@m@di@..its just a little more expensive(har) and if you cherish going insane, you'll love it.
The name goes with the fact I love coffee.

I really like this post. I think that about sums it up for me too. I think if we add bullets to the front, this should be the new selling points on CoffeeCup's product pages. :P
User 438875 Photo

12 posts

its kind of sad that a company would call their customers whiners and complainers. I think most people that are having problems are just trying to give feedback.
User 3004957 Photo

851 posts

dreamwire wrote:
its kind of sad that a company would call their customers whiners and complainers. I think most people that are having problems are just trying to give feedback.

Hello,

We would definitely never call our customers whiners and/or complainers. These are publicly available forums so anyone can post what they want. We also try not to moderate it too heavily so everybody has a fair voice about what they think.

The original poster is just a regular registered user of our software who was commenting on the number of negative threads in the forums during that time period.

I tried to provide reasons behind our madness further down and justify some of the new policies we have so our users could get an idea what to expect from support in the near future.

If you do have any problems, send us an email through the Contact Us page and we'll be happy to help.
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

dreamwire... I don't think for a minute that anybody at CC has called customers "Whiners and complainers"... this thread wasn't started by a CC employee!

The only CC person to post in this thread is Cesar Perez and his post is courteous and professional... and he took time out to actually reply! You get a level of contact with the people that matter on this forum that just doesn't happen in most other software houses, don't knock it!
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 500092 Photo

42 posts

I am a new user & I have had some issues with some of the software not even being usable & no time frame when these known issues will be fixed.

I really do like Form Builder, Color Schemer & the RSS News flash & have had no issues with them.

I also Like PixConverter it is a real time saver I just found what I consider to be a pretty bad bug if you don't make a copy of the images being converted it may also permanently convert original images. So far I have noticed it only does this on the first previewed image but I don'y trust it so I simply make a copy of all images I want to convert & it still saves allot of time not having yo convert one at a time in Photo Shop.

I haven't been able to use any of the video capture software it doesn't work with my built in Lap Top camera which works with all other software I have so far. This is disappointing since I purchased the whole suite wanting to use quite a few of the 26 programs. But on the plus tech support answered quickly even though it didn't help me.

I also had plans on using the password Wizard but in its present form it isn't very secure IMO.

I am in hopes they solve this issue & am willing to test any fixes to help out. I feel as though I will eventually get my $$$$s worth so I will stick it out for now at least. I already use quite a few high end software packages & they also have some bugs.

I do plan on using more of the Coffee Cup software avalable with my package also as time allows.

All in all if I really wasn't happy at all I could get my money back thru Amex customer service program but I see the potential of the software being a good fit for me in the future with the free upgrades.

I know I am a new user but I have owned businesses for many years & I don't consider it whining if a paying client is vocal about issues with us because if they don't let us know there is a problem we can't fix it or try to make the client Happy at the very least.

Thanks for all the Coffee Cup for the Great Software I can use now & thanks in advance for making the other stuff work soon hopefully.
Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.