Website Brainstorming for Niche -...

User 1934658 Photo

2 posts

Hi guys,
I am currently planning my site my-dogs
I have been looking through 2createawebsite.com and thank god I did because I was just about to create an "everything site" my first intention was to provide everything on the A-Z of dogs. Now I have realised that is just not going to work!

I tried to narrow my theme down to "puppy care" (including information for what to do when you bring your dog home...), Is this to broad? I searched puppy care in google and there were a few good sites on it. Do you guys think I have any chance in ranking high for that keyword?

Does anyone know any sites for free or for a small price that will help you brainstorm?? I know a lot of you will recommend SBI but I don't want to pay that much just for the brainstorming tool. What I am looking for is something like the brainstormer that will help me find my niche.

Thanks CoffeeCup so much for your software, it works miracles ;)

Thanks,
Charlie
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

Charlie

Just go for the subject that you are most interested in and enjoy the most.

Keywords are not the only thing you have to take into consideration in order to achieve your website on the first 3 pages of google. I am not saying that keywords are not important but that is not the only factor. Other factors that are important is the content of your website i.e. text, pages, etc., as well as, the quality of your inboud links and much more. In order to gain a better understanding of how to achieve a high placement on google's pages I would advice you to surf the web and read up on how to do SEO for your website.

Also a good place to learn about Seo for google is by going to Google webmaster tools where you can learn how best to go about your seo.

I hope this helps :)

User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

"puppy training" comes up with less competition than "puppy care" in the google keywords world ;)

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal is pretty good for brainstorming keywords... You dont have to sign up to adwords to use the tool ;)

Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 1934658 Photo

2 posts

Thanks so much for your advice guys,
yes I think I will still do puppy care because I really love talking about dogs and I think I can write a lot of content on puppy care.
I did notice that puppy training comes up less and once I have a solid ground to my site I will expand and add a puppy training section

Cheers,
Charlie
User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

just to add...

ad99wd really hit the nail on the head, There are other factors, but also using the right keywords can be huge. I might add to that if you have articles on your site(never hurts), always make them unique(ie. 'the 10 do's and dont's of puppy care' should NOT be found anywhere else on the internet ) also your keywords should not be greater than 3% of content or that will have a direct impact on your ranking on the search engines. Use that google keyword tool. It can really help.

A good rule on thumb I use to start inbound links is to pull up the first few pages under your keywords and if it's a directory, get listed in it. As ad99wd mentioned, read articles on seo, building backlinks, page rank, etc.

Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.