Tips for good SEO - Post ID 89556

User 484311 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Tips for good SEO

·Put a site map page:
A site map will help robots and spiders visit your site’s important pages and understand the entire hierarchy.

·Research for keywords:
Use tools like Keyword Discovery, WordTracker or Google AdWords to make a list of keywords relevant to your site. Then try to use these words in your Meta tags and content to make the entire thing SEO friendly.

·Make SEO- compatible URLs:
Choose URLs and file names that use specific keywords related to your product/services. Try to avoid the use of underscores in URLs and file names. Instead, use hyphens, which are treated as a "space," unlike the underscores.

·Have a relevant title and Meta description:
Use your imagination to come up with unique title and Meta description tag for every page of your web site.

·Focus on your users:
Write your pages for your users. Though you need to put keywords in the text, don’t overdo things and stuff the pages with repetitive keywords.

·Build links in an intelligent manner:
To popularize your web site, ask the authority sites of the specific industry to give you links. Your alliance with a leader will naturally enhance your site’s credibility on the global platform. Another important thing to do is submitting your popular and trusted directories like DMOZ, Yahoo, Business.com and Best of the web. You can also examine your competitors’ inbound links to see if you too can acquire some of them.
User 1921095 Photo

9 posts

"You can also examine your competitors’ inbound links to see if you too can acquire some of them."

The above advice is probably the best advice and will provide the best results - in my opinion.
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

·Make SEO- compatible URLs:
Choose URLs and file names that use specific keywords related to your product/services. Try to avoid the use of underscores in URLs and file names. Instead, use hyphens, which are treated as a "space," unlike the underscores.

This would be great advice except coffee cup VSD doesn't allow you to do this. Anytime you put characters other than letters in your urls you get a message "illegal characters have been removed."

Any idea if there is any way to create URLS in VSD that are search engine friendly?

Chad
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

if you go back in and edit the url of the page after creation chad, vsd will let you. ie. 'this-is-a-sef-page'
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

User 414501 Photo

564 posts

OMG you're right! That's awesome! Coffee Cup support told me it couldn't be done...
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.