Peel away corner - Post ID 113192

User 389612 Photo

42 posts
Online Now

Okay.
I really know that I should bookmark or subscribe to more topics.
That being said, the road to h*ll is paved with good intentions...

At one point in time (say within the last 30-45 days), someone posted a script that was a peel-away script.

For my sanity's sake (or is it sanities?), I can't find it.
It was cool....picked up a corner (upper right, if I remember right [dang CRS]) and peeled away to show something else.

I think I need that script...not being an expert programmer, I believe in recycling, reusing, etc.

Please help me find that thread/script, etc.. Thanks!
User 453724 Photo

21 posts

I've been looking around the web a bit, because I would like this feature on my site as well, but the only place that I've found anything that looks credible was here: http://www.webpicasso.de/blog/pageear-f … l-away-ad/

He offers his script free of charge and only asks that you leave the copyright info and provide him a backlink in exchange. I haven't used it myself-because you have to download a zip file and with all of the junk on the internet-I'm hesitant to download it (it seems legit, but who knows.)

I do plan to keep looking around, I think you can pull it off with an XML file and some html, but I don't know enough about it myself-if I find anything of more use, I'll let you know.

-Kevan
User 453724 Photo

21 posts

My mistake, it appears that it consists of Flash and JavaScript-here's another decent resource page:
http://www.marcofolio.net/webdesign/cre … bsite.html

Something to note:
Your question put me on an unsuspected web-hunt and I did come across several forums where the users cautioned against using these-as they can substantial resource hogs. Good luck

-Weisus
User 3663 Photo

1 post

;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.