Need suitable WORD for domain name -...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

OK here's the problem. I currently have a few sites but am now developing a site that deals with car and motorcycle styling products and related gifts. I want a word that relates to both cars and motorcycles to form part of the domain name.

Ideas I've put on the back burner are 'wheels' as it sounds like a supplier of wheels perhaps? 'Road' possibly as it sounds like a driveway and surfacing company?

At the moment I have the word 'auto' in mind, thinking along the lines of automotive, automobilia etc, however if anyone could think of a more suitable generic name that relates to both cars and motorcycles, I'd gladly appreciate your input, as my mind has gone a complete blank on this. Remember that the word will only form part of the domain name.

The site itself will be optimised for search engines, but I am just seeking a domain name appropriate to the products, as an additional marketing tool.

Thanks.
User 12071 Photo

42 posts

Vehicle or Motor?

Andy
Automate your web marketing - http://www.66th.net

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Thanks for the suggestions Andy. Will put those couple of ideas in the thought process.

Trying to find a generic name that applies to both cars and bikes is proving troublesome. Ideally need an internationally usable name, as sell quite a lot of products to the States and Australia.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

ride, travel, conveyance, transport, trails
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Thanks for the ideas Jo Ann. Like the idea of ride, as thinking along the lines of the 'Pimp my Ride' tv program. We don't use the word 'trails' in the UK, the equivalent word is probably 'path' but the derivative of track is also in the thought process now.

The word conveyance is very upmarket, but not sure whether many hairy bikers would describe their machine as that. :) Be super for upmarket vehicles like Rolls Royce and Bentley though (but not Cadillac).... :o
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

ridewithstyle?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

That's a nice name to use on its own Inger, but due to PayPal not allowing multi named accounts for those with multiple web sites, I have to ensure part of my business name also appears in the domain name to avoid confusion to customers. Nothing worse with PayPal than finding you are paying someone totally different to the site name.

Great name though. :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

Ok, I obviously misunderstood. How about 'style', 'styled' or 'stylish'?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Unfortunately two out of those three derivatives are already taken. Will put the third one in the thought process though.

Thanks. :)
User 1985748 Photo

12 posts

styleincarncycle

stylencarncycle

Represents "Style in car and cycle"

From a CC Newbie in Texas...
Plano Wildcat Fan

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.