Internet forum addiction - Post ID...

User 92156 Photo

272 posts

Eric English wrote:
Tom, you better find the golden egg or you will be coding for food for a long time

I think Tom must be doing OK, he hasn't yet added to his begging sign: "WILL EVEN DO TABLES".
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

OMG, stop that before you get me in trouble with Dave. :D
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 180142 Photo

Ambassador
1,879 posts

Actually Tom, your sign is in the wrong format....where are the <tags></tags>?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

You're looking at it from the front end, Sue. The tags are on the back end of the sign.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

*Makes her own sign that says, "Will do HTML or CSS for Brain Cells"*
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Tom wrote:
You're looking at it from the front end, Sue. The tags are on the back end of the sign.

:lol:
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Norman wrote:
Hi Eric

In showing what I offer and suggesting any exchange I am certainly soliciting:
- I need some more dedicated help with my sites, and
- I am happy to offer my expertise in exchange

This is different to the freely offered comments in a forum, and implies more responsibility in the exchange than in a forum. In reading many other posts I have a sense of soliciting going on, maybe more subtly than mine. Things like "If you want more help, visit me on my website" ... (where any proposed transaction can take place off the forum). I am not very good at this subtle art.

I have to admit I am really a beginner in forums, not sure of rules and etiquette in this aspect. I have spent more time in this current forum that any other ever. I have only made the briefest technical questions in this and a couple of other forums, always receiving wonderful support.

So I really cannot know or go further in discussing this ... without the expert knowledge.

Please let me know if I am breaking explicit or implicit rules and I will take out my posts.

Thanks for your concern.

Norman Duncan - Gestalt and Arts therapist. Founder, director of Art of Now. Aikido practitioner and teacher. Trainer in various psychotherapy master courses. Organisational consultant. Trainer in Gender and masculinities. Coordinator or member of European projects: "Dialogue between the Genders", "SHE", "Tresor", "Gender Loops".

Well i could do with some organisation but i'm not sure wot the rest says :| and pixies dont fit in gender loops :rolleyes: and do you know anything about ASD?

Pop over here and organise me and i'll pop ova there and make a website :P fair deal! :lol:

oh yeah - and some of the links you'll see in my posts saying go to my website to learn where to start with php are because i cant be bothered typing out the 5 pages of instructions every time someone asks - same with some of the other helpful folk who have made instructions for off topic things that answer common questions asked here...

Most folk who arrive at the forum and post no questions or help (remembering people learn fast from others questions as well as others answers) but just post a link to a service they provide, get boooood off the stage pretty quick :) Welcome to forum life - its similar to real life :cool:
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Tom wrote:
Wow Eric, I visited your personal website and I must say I am afraid of you. You are obviously quite intelligent, assuming you haven't plagiarized someone else’s work.

I have to admit that I didn’t understand some of it, wasn’t interested in most of it, and was afraid to pursue it in its entirety for fear that it would activate some gene or another. :D

Oh, and don't assume the guy in the avatar is homeless. He may very well make more money in a year than any of us in this forum.

Glad you enjoyed my site. Nothing plagiarized I assure you. Just existentialism in its finest. Your correct about the homeless. I lived in Chicago for a few years and some of the homeless there do quite well. They even dress nice when they beg.

I only have one comment about your other post. And its an honest comment that desires one of Tom's famous honest answers. I do not get the reseller argument. Everybody resells, when they sell. If I sell, God forbid, blown glass, or little statues or whatever, am I not reselling someone's product? In fact, the only businesses that do not fall into that category are those who make their own products.

Regarding hosting. I resell hosting on an official reselling account. This is different from just reselling a part of some shared server. I have my own virtual private server and I, with permission, resell that server to my clients. I do not pretend to be anything I am not. I sell hosting packages to people. Real hosting packages, just like the ones you or anyone else buys. They get great customer support from me. If there is something I cannot handle I talk to my server people and they take care of it. In no way do I ever sell a product that I do not stand behind. When I get enough clients I will move to a dedicated server instead of the VPS. I have a lot partners who help me do what I do. My clients know what I do, they know my story (a real rags to riches story, not some fake one.), this is why I have dedicated clients who love being a part of what I am doing. AND, this is why I said, what I did regarding technology helping people (like the literacy site I started a few years ago.) :|

The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Tom wrote:
Actually Tom doesn't pretend to be anything but Tom. No fancy designer working out of my garage, no fancy web host with a large data center when I am truthfully nothing more than a reseller getting a piece of the pie - Nope, just Tom. I conceptualize very well truth be told, thank you very much. :cool:

I was simply commenting on Tom. The rambling of a madman. :D

You are a wealth of information and a helpful member of the community. I admire your work. You are very talented.

From rags to riches or born with a silver spoon - either way works for me. :)

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

;)
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.