IE 8 cursor jumps around when typing...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
mine is wired too and does that all over the place, not real often anymore though now that I updated the driver a bit. It doesn't sound like a mouse problem you have though if it's only in the browser, and doesn't happen to me in any of the browsers so I'll assume this may be a Win7 issue.

I use Windows 7 and IE 8 with a wireless mouse on my Toshiba laptop and I have no issues.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

well you don't count Scott you never have any issues with anything anyone ever reports LMAO :P does sound like a Win 7 issue to me though, not an issue with windows itself, but maybe something he has installed or a driver conflict or something like that most likely.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Well, I'll post since Scott's credibility is in doubt :lol:

I'm on Win7 (fresh from Vista) with wireless keyboard and mouse, wired trackball. Using IE8 or any other browsers, I've never seen that issue...

I had seen it before, on my laptop, when I had the touchpad activated and it was on the verge of death.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,463 posts

Scott has a 'holy Mac', it never makes mistakes. :cool:

I have also experienced this on laptops if the touchpad is not turned off.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wolverana wrote:
well you don't count Scott you never have any issues with anything anyone ever reports LMAO :P does sound like a Win 7 issue to me though, not an issue with windows itself, but maybe something he has installed or a driver conflict or something like that most likely.

I sprinkle holy water on my systems once a week and sacrifice a goat on each new moon to keep gremlins away ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Phil wrote:
Well, I'll post since Scott's credibility is in doubt :lol:

I'm on Win7 (fresh from Vista) with wireless keyboard and mouse, wired trackball. Using IE8 or any other browsers, I've never seen that issue...

I had seen it before, on my laptop, when I had the touchpad activated and it was on the verge of death.

Why does everyone always pick on me? :lol:
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Well....... There is a slight resemblance to Charlie Brown :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

You know, I think it was the touchpad on the laptop. Forgot to disable it after installing Win7. I'm thinking the desktop is fine and I only included it in all my frustration (memory leak). Now don't I feel silly.

Thanks for the help. :D
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

No worries Tom, I'm sure we've all been there *looks around innocently* LOL. Glad to know it's working better now :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.