help with visual site designer - Post...

User 441983 Photo

8 posts

Having trouble uploading changes being made to my website. Go daddy techs say I need to upload content, not folder. Felt like I have been following procedures according to your directions, but not sure what i am doing wrong. Desperately need to alleviate the problem I am causing and your help is appreciated.
If you go to my site www.gabrielsportsandentertainment.com you will see what I started. What the godaddy tech guy showed me that by putting in www.gabrielsportsandentertainment.com/w … inment.com you will see what I am having trouble getting up. I don't understand what is needed to alleviate, correct and prevent this from happening. He also said I need to upload my content not folder.

Thanks,

Doc
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Doc,

What did you use to upload the files?

VSD should have uploaded the contents of the site, unless you specified a folder for the upload.

Do you have a FTP program? If not, you can get free FTP programs including one from CoffeeCup. http://www.coffeecup.com/free-ftp/

Use the FTP program to connect and look at your site structure. You may see the problem and be able to fix it.
User 441983 Photo

8 posts

I use visual designer. The last part in the settings I was supposed to leave blank or place a /. I mistakingly put in my web address. I have since corrected it. Thank you for your concern. Have a great day!
User 346162 Photo

17 posts

How about a new thread: Society of VSD Novices.

It will give the advanced users a bit of entertainment while we attempt to discover fire.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

The best place to post asking for help is actually in the groups above, in case of VSD it is the 'Our design Software'. You will meet more knowledgeable and helpful people there than here in 'The Break room', where such questions are not expected.

I have just answered another question about VSD where the person asking expressed fear of asking silly questions, where I said that no questions are silly, but some answers are - so eloquently exposed by the poster before me.

Nobody is asking for help just in order to amuse anyone, and those who have no help to offer, should better not post.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Ernest,

Just remember that everyone has to start. Inger is great with many of the CoffeeCup products, and builds great looking sites.

I started about three years ago, and continue to learn from many of the folks here.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.