HELP WITH FLASH SEARCH NEEDED! - Post...

User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

pete moore wrote:
..and next time you borrow a CD, film, software, book ... from someone...it is illigal to borrow any of them.

Not true of any of those things except software when it states as much. However, all of this was based on your original statement which said nothing of borrowing the computer on which the software was originally installed but rather "a copy of" the software.

As to fixing an XML file you didn't know how to edit, this is why you should always make a backup of the things you are working on. You didn't post the whole thing, and it's just too long to go through to try to find the one character which may be throwing everything off. That's the thing about xml, one mistake and the whole file is ignored by the browser.
User 1870234 Photo

9 posts

then read the posts before comenting is always good advice :) and yes..books, CDs, etc all have the same kind of copy right..its a standard copy right just inforced less as its close to impossible to tell. (worked in the field for a while ;)

The problem should be able to tell from all most any of the search options though from what i can guess. if one was wrong it would just remove it from the search as floored. (please correct me if im wrong..my understanding of xml is only any good when i wrote the whole program.)

anyway thx for the more constructive replys :)
User 1870234 Photo

9 posts

fixed a couple of minor problems but still in need of help if anyone can :)
Attachments:
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

It is a very long document to go through. You could try an xml validator and if you have a mistake in the xml document it should show you where it is. Here is a link where you can check your document. http://www.xmlvalidation.com/

Hope this helps.

User 130978 Photo

Ambassador
3,025 posts

Well...aside from the "borrowed" aspect...(and I have to agree with Cary on this...)

It could be the ... added at the end of the page http://www.scubadesign.net/games/Are_Yo … chine.html

Or perhaps the parenthesis in some of the contents.

I often manually edited these searches and seems "..." was a no-no...but been a while since I edited one...
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,073 posts

I was doing some tests and thought this might help. If you rename the file with .xml rather than .txt and look at it in Firefox, the browser will tell you where it fails. Most of the mistakes involve using "&" instead of "&" and one case where there's an opening p tag in the middle of things.
User 1870234 Photo

9 posts

Thanks Very much everyone. the document is clear now. seems there where a couple of closing tags missing the / and as cary said also a problem with the & in the content tags.

think you will all be happy to hear that i do plan on buying this software in the future now (as long as i can work out the html settings when i try later) as it seems to be a great tool for making searchs without any fuss for personaly or free websites :)

thx again all :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.