Help-sending files to friend per...

User 432665 Photo

2 posts

Hi guys
I really need help this time.
I'm already working with coffecup for a few months and I'm figure everthing out by myself pretty good. What I've already done looks pretty good I just didn't put it online yet.

So there's my problem. I make this webpage for a friend of mine what means he should see it once in while and give some comments before I can finish it and put it online. I thought I just send what I saved ( I use VisualSite Designer) with an email and he opens it with the visual sitedesign programm on his computer.

Everything worked fine. He was able to see the texts, the pictures , but what he couldn't see when he clicked on the preview button was any kind a html box. Like calendar, videos or picture gallerys i put on some pages.

What do I have to do so he can see it. Where do i have to save what and what do I have to send him.
Does he also has to download the calendar, picture gallery and video programm to be able to look at it?
Thanks for your help
Cookie
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Cookie,
He would need every image , video files, gallery files the same way you have it exactly on your computer to make it work. all xml, swf's htmls for instance myalbum_files folder, myvideoplayer_files folder etc; and most importantly your vnu file.

User 432665 Photo

2 posts

Thanks Bruce for your help. By just sending that vnu file he was able to see everythink but the videos and the calendar and picture gallery. So I also send him the xml, swf files from the calendar I made. To try out. But it still didn't work. I also tried to send him the html files from every page I made, I finaly thought that's the easiest way but he sees just white when he opens them.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

you will need to send the folders associated with the calender, the video player and the photo gallery and he should have everything you have for it to work. and have them located in the same place as on your computer it will work.

User 2076323 Photo

Trial User
10 posts

cook

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.