First Web 3.0 Site? - Post ID 112972

User 105284 Photo

11 posts

tassietiger wrote:
I'm with you Eric ...I feel dizzy and I probably didn't get the full effects as it said I needed plug-ins.

If you have epilepsy probably best not to visit that site!

Okay...so tell me what does a Web 3.0 site offer that others don't or can't?

are you kidding me? wow.
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Allen McNulty wrote:
tassietiger wrote:
I'm with you Eric ...I feel dizzy and I probably didn't get the full effects as it said I needed plug-ins.

If you have epilepsy probably best not to visit that site!

Okay...so tell me what does a Web 3.0 site offer that others don't or can't?

are you kidding me? wow.

Which bit do you think I'm kidding about? Allen I'm sorry if it is your site but I have to be honest and say I would click out quicker than I clicked in.

And I am honestly interested in what the difference between a 3.0 site and others? I haven't really heard much about them...been living under my mushroom :D
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

omg that site is so seriously bad LOL, why would you even "want" to recreate something like that? :P
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Okay Google is my friend so no need to explain about web 3.0,

Can I just ask that we have a warning on links to sites with so much movement?

Honestly I felt physically ill after a few seconds at that site....and I don't mean any offence to whoever made it...just be aware what effects all that movement might have on visitors.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Allen McNulty wrote:
http://www.frnz.de

Just some questions, relating to the minimalist post as well as the linked site:

- Is there any purpose in all this, or is the "lack of purpose" the "purpose"?
- Any "information" on the site?
- Is the site expected to generate some kind of emotional or physical human response? (fear?, joy?, envy?, irritation?, nausea?, happiness?, anger?, confusion?...)
- Target audience? (e.g. age group - singe digit or double digit?)
- What does "Web 3.0" have to do with anything here?
- Is this a Rorschach test, or just a test of who "gets it" and who doesn't?
- Would the visiting experience be enhanced by some kind of designer drug and, if so, which one?
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Excellent questions Per :)

I think I get the lollipop ...I got sucked in ...too trusting.

**** turns tail for that nice quiet mushroom ****

User 92156 Photo

272 posts

Wow.
Looks like something Cheech & Chong would resort to using if they ran out of the "other stuff".
Apparently the negative efffect that flashes and repeated patterns can have on some people* is a medical fact, I remember reading about it somewhere.

The site looks like something one would do because they've discovered that they can do it - so they do it.
Not unlike people who discover font attributes and insult the sensibilities with a myriad of different faces, styles and colours in the one page.

*I can truthfully say it didn't affect me though.
Affect me though.
Affect me though.
(thud!)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Disabling right click is bad form and a total waste of time. If I want to right click and heist your images all I have to do is disable javascript, or use Opera which doesn’t allow disabling anything in the browser, or just save the page and contents, or…

Besides that, I thought the site was pretty cool. :D
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Tom wrote:
Disabling right click is bad form and a total waste of time. If I want to right click and heist your images all I have to do is disable javascript, or use Opera which doesn’t allow disabling anything in the browser, or just save the page and contents, or…

Besides that, I thought the site was pretty cool. :D

Tom would...:cool:
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 279626 Photo

152 posts

Ummm . . . yummy and chewy and so . . . um . . . framey and bright. :cool:

Looks like another sale of a 'Dummies' book in action!

Terri

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.