File Managing - Post ID 8580

User 473263 Photo

1 post

i want my web users to be able to download and upload files how can this be done with the cofee cup sofware ?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address.

What type of files do you want to upload and download? You can use the CoffeeCup form builder to upload one file at a time.

I don't think it is software that you need for down loading. If someone clicks on an MP3 file, the browser will start playing the file. You need to either setup some sort of FTP area, zip the files you want to have downloaded, or wrap those downloads in a disguise.

I know of a way to download files using php. Do you have php installed on your web server?
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

It is easy to allow users to download a .PDF file. Check this site: http://www.uphilltheband.com/. Just set up an html object with code like this:
<a href="UPHILL_PK.pdf"> Click here to Download the UPHILL Press Kit ( PDF ) </a> (UPHILL_PK.pdf
550 KB) <br>
I have an inferiority complex - but it is not a very good one.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.