Desperately need help with stupid...

User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

Hey everyone, I am STUMPED and DESPERATE!

I've a gremlin in my computer and it's stopped my work dead in it's tracks.

I'm posting here becaue I can't figure out where else or even on what other site to post this issue on and I figure you guys would be best to help me out since allot of my problems are with flash and my coffeecup forms and other things from CC.

Anyway, I discovered this last night. I tried to cruise on YouTube and it's telling me I either don't have flash installed or javascript activated on my browser.

This is for IE7 and Maxthon. I can look using FireFox (do NOT tell me to use FF - I hate it and only have (had) it installed for web building purposes only).

I checked all my forms on my sites and they too are NOT working.
BUT, my newsfeeder is working.

OTHERS can see everything fine. It's only me.

I've installed a new IE7, Java, and Flash player. NOTHING.

I checked to see that java is turned on, I am sure it is.
Where else, how else and what the #@$! is stoping me from viewing YouTube and CC forms?

I've got a site to finish buildin by the first of the month and this is killing me.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Answer: Use Firefox. :p j/k

It seems you're not alone with this issue. This thread I ran across looks like it's been going on for over a year and, as usual, everyone has a different trick they "think" solved the problem. See if anyone in there is onto something:
http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/52 … ipt-6.html
User 285557 Photo

Trial User
48 posts

Hi IE is very problematic browser... I had problem with IE, there is no way that I can open any flash form, movie, or flash program like CC photo gallery, form builder or other, when I try to run some of those program massage is displayed "Library Not Registered".... I do every single virus, spyware, trojan, check, (norton, spyware doctor program that I used, result was NO virus or spyware...) and nothing my problem was same.
I also do manual flash player installation - noting, web search for that error - nothing, registry repair - nothing... (All other browser opera, ff, are showing form properly)

Problem solution:

With FF, search net with kayword Library not registered... and on You tube there was a video named: THIS IE PROBLEM WAS SPIN ME AROUND AND AROUND...

Pres CTRL+ALT+Del chose Processes tab and in that list is IEXPLORER.EXE select him and chose END PROCESS.. It's working for my and all flash program and form are displayed like it should be..

My English isn't perfect, but you will get the point... Try it maybe this is solution
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

I seem to recall that one of the Flash updates really messed up some of the computers, but worked on others. Try un-installing flash and then visit the site to download the latest version.
User 403435 Photo

199 posts

Hi, I am not very computer literate, but... I had the same problem with my website with VSD. I couldn't make the jukebox work, but everyone else could. The problem was that I needed more memory in my computer.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Did this ever get sorted out Kitten?
User 2209775 Photo

108 posts

Adam R. wrote:
Did this ever get sorted out Kitten?

You know, I totally forgot about this post. I'm going to bump it up with the results I found for this. It works like a charm too.

I posted this in the Maxthon browser help forums and they knew exactly what to do because Maxthon, although WAY better and more secure that IE, it is IE based. I just cant' use FireFox - it is so slow and hogs resources on my computer for some reason and everyone else has the opposite experience with it.

Anyway, there is a fix on the Adobe site. This will help everyone who runs into this.

Go to the adobe site and use the uninstaller on this page:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

THEN reinstall it from the same page. The link will take you to the Adobe download main for the flash player.

You will now have things work like nothing ever got goofed up.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.