CC should offer a Dynamic Content...

User 462238 Photo

144 posts

With hundreds / thousands of Front Page users upgrading to Expression Web (W3C Compatible), it becomes a "jolt" when they (as I did) realize the BOTS are gone. This leaves the user to struggle through forums and scripts to recover the Dynamic Content functions of many of the FP Bots. If you spend time on the EW forums as I do, you will quickly notice the disappointment of many new users. I frequently add my 2 cents about CC products that replace these BOTS with greater functionality, but you will find minimum contributions from the EW moderators as they have their own agenda. There is not alot of respect / sympathy for the casual / hobbyist developer who does not know html, php, asp, etc. This is an untapped market!

I have purchased a number of CC apps to replace these BOTS and add WYSIWYG dynamic developement. I am capable of dabbling in code views (html, php, css, etc) but find it mind numbing and many times just trial and error which burns the clock.

Therefore, I would propose a Dynamic Content Package to include by default:
Web Form Builder
Photo Gallery
Web Jukebox
Image Mapper
Web Access Manager
These apps replace most of the loved bots by FP users.

I would also offer:
Menu Builders
Shoppimg Cart
Calendar
Live Chat
as an upgrade option. These are lesser used and many may not pay the addition cost.

I may have missed 1 or 2 but the first 5 are "must haves" for many FP to EW converts ( and for that matter, anyone upgrading to a visual editor that is W3C compliant).

If I am correct, I believe all the CC apps/scripts used on my pages currantly pass validation.

Anyway, just a thought as a package deal would have encouraged a larger initial sale. I currantly use all 5 with great satisfaction and will consider others as needed.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.