Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 12071 Photo

42 posts

A suggestion for shopping cart creator: Have a maximum shipping value. We charge a maximum of £25 shipping, but there isn't a way of making shopping cart increase shipping as per the rules but not exceed £25. I am sure other people must have a maximum limit on shipping charges?

Andy
Automate your web marketing - http://www.66th.net

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

So Andrew, if someone were to buy say 100+ items in your shop, the most you would charge is still £25?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 12071 Photo

42 posts

Yes. This is not uncommon (especially in the UK), many shops here have a policy where shipping goes up to a certain point and no higher. A place I buy components from from charges £6.95 base rate, then it increases up until £15 and is capped. They actually go on to offer free shipping if the order exceeds xyz as well but I appreciate you can't cater for every possibility.

Within the UK I can courier up to 40kilos for less than £25 cost to me. Since a single item in my shop weighs an average of 150grams I could ship 266 items for £25 and if they ordered more than that I can easily afford to pick up the extra cost.

Another very common shipping option in the UK (and maybe other countries?) is to offer "Free shipping on orders over £30". There may be demand for something like that too?

Andy
Automate your web marketing - http://www.66th.net

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andrew Brocklehurst wrote:
Yes. This is not uncommon (especially in the UK), many shops here have a policy where shipping goes up to a certain point and no higher. A place I buy components from from charges £6.95 base rate, then it increases up until £15 and is capped. They actually go on to offer free shipping if the order exceeds xyz as well but I appreciate you can't cater for every possibility.

Within the UK I can courier up to 40kilos for less than £25 cost to me. Since a single item in my shop weighs an average of 150grams I could ship 266 items for £25 and if they ordered more than that I can easily afford to pick up the extra cost.

Another very common shipping option in the UK (and maybe other countries?) is to offer "Free shipping on orders over £30". There may be demand for something like that too?

Andy

I will have to discuss this with our developers. In all honesty, I don't see anything like this in the immediate future of the 'basic' or 'pro' versions right now. Maybe later down the line.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 488672 Photo

38 posts

I'd like to be able to put "P.O.A" (Price on Application) instead of a price on some of my items.
Not sure if this is possible but its a feature I would use.

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Colin King wrote:
I'd like to be able to put "P.O.A" (Price on Application) instead of a price on some of my items.
Not sure if this is possible but its a feature I would use.

Basically this is to allow you to have the customer e-mail you for a quote correct?
User 488672 Photo

38 posts

Basically this is to allow you to have the customer e-mail you for a quote correct?

Yes Scott, the site/shop I am currently building is for repair parts for 1950's Austin cars, new stuffs not a problem but we also remanufacture stuff in very small quantities that are subject to fluctuations in price, also repaired items fluctuate in price depending on how much we have to spend to repair them.

Rather than rip our customers off, if we get a bargain we like to pass that on to our customers, probably not good for the bottom line but we're enthusiasts rather than business men.

I thought the item had to have a price to be viewable in the shop ?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Colin King wrote:

Yes Scott, the site/shop I am currently building is for repair parts for 1950's Austin cars, new stuffs not a problem but we also remanufacture stuff in very small quantities that are subject to fluctuations in price, also repaired items fluctuate in price depending on how much we have to spend to repair them.

Rather than rip our customers off, if we get a bargain we like to pass that on to our customers, probably not good for the bottom line but we're enthusiasts rather than business men.

I thought the item had to have a price to be viewable in the shop ?

That makes sense. I don't see any thing like this becoming available right away, but maybe down the line. Right now all products in the shop must have a price associated with it.
User 488672 Photo

38 posts

Another thing I'd like to see is on the 'view cart'/checkout page.
The "print this page" - is there anyway this can default to print a standard A4 page in portrait or generate a printer friendly page?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Colin King wrote:
Another thing I'd like to see is on the 'view cart'/checkout page.
The "print this page" - is there anyway this can default to print a standard A4 page in portrait or generate a printer friendly page?

Right now there are no immediate plans to enhance the "print this page" function. We are concentrating our efforts on some very cool other features that I think you will really enjoy. More information on that to come later.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.