RLM Class Names - Post ID 236579

User 1900985 Photo

27 posts

I apologize if I missed this somewhere along the way.

It seems if I create a class for a container, list-item, or whatnot, then RLM will preface my chosen name with something.

For instance, if I create a container and assign the class name of "redbox" to it, then RLM will add something like "fluid-container" to it so that when I finally view it, I have a class name of <div class="container-fluid redbox"> instead of simply <div class="redbox"> which was my intention.

Is there a setting I can change somewhere to stop this behavior? Am I not doing something the way I should be doing it?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Stephen,

No you can't nor should you change those names or remove them. What you're seeing is not a preface, but a second class. When there is a space between the words in the class tag in the HTML, that means there are multiple classes that are needed for that particular item.

So what you're seeing is saying something like (as I try to put it in words lol):

Put the styles I have listed here into the paragraph that is within the Fluid Container of the page only if the paragraph IS within a paragraph that is set as the "container-fluid" AND only if it's also set as the redbox paragraph.

Hopefully that makes sense, but basically you're putting your paragraph or text box or whatever within a container on the page and giving that paragraph the class of redbox. The "container-fluid" class is styling a container AND your "redbox" class is styling the element or paragraph or whatever you're putting there that lies "within" that container.

So.... no, you need all those classes. It's just that RLM is giving you the ability to name the classes of your elements themselves.

Keep in mind that RLM is creating your entire layout so it's going to name lots of classes and ID's default within your HTML pages so that it's layout works. Don't remove those classes and/or ID's or your layout may not work correctly. (unless of course you've got a clue what you're looking at and know how to manipulate the structure that RLM created that is.)

Hope that helps. :)
User 1900985 Photo

27 posts

No, I just want to give a container, not an element, a container, a class name all its own without RLM adding something to it. Is that possible within RLM, or do I need to that separately with my own style sheet and html?
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Stephen Flakus wrote:
No, I just want to give a container, not an element, a container, a class name all its own without RLM adding something to it. Is that possible within RLM, or do I need to that separately with my own style sheet and html?

Stephen,

Do not worry about what RLM is adding to the class. What matters is that you add the class name you want and make the appropriate changes that are needed for that class in RLM.

You can however export your project and add the class names and right the CSS yourself, but that defeats the purpose of RLM. :P

To answer your question however, no, there is no setting to turn off the class names RLM adds to an element as those class names are needed to make it responsive.
User 1900985 Photo

27 posts

I see where all the semantics lead to a great deal of misunderstanding. I just wanted to use something for my project, created by a co-worker, and I wanted to incorporate it into RLM without having to add it separately each time I change a page(s). When I add the html to the page(s) manually, my co-worker's creation performs flawlessly. It's only when I try to take advantage of RLM to save time that it falls apart.

At any rate, thanks for answering my question.
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

I am not sure what you mean here Stephen.

What falls apart? What are you trying to accomplish with the "creation" your co-worker has created?

Is it JS, CSS, or something else?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.