Support for Office 365 - Post ID 255953

User 2432082 Photo

10 posts

Back again!

So we've now been using RED for a few months and have moved over half of our blast jobs over to the tool; very happy overall.

Litmus recently made testing for Google Apps and Office 365 available, and we're seeing some oddities on the latter specifically. Seems to be ignoring quite a bit of our CSS (image constraints, alignment, etc.) Was wondering if anyone else has seen the same.

As you'll see in link, almost every other tested platform looks glorious, which is a triumph in itself. But O365 looks broken enough to cause alarm. (note: not all elements are truly responsive. Client using some archaic blasting platform and it limits # of characters allowed to only 65k. Kills the potential...)

https://litmus.com/pub/62c3450/screenshots
User 1991012 Photo

55 posts

Hello everybody,
Regarding previous post and the fact that I too, still have various issues with Office 365, just want to ask is Office 365 supported now?
If so I'll keep on trying.
User 2831240 Photo

9 posts

I just ran our latest email through Litmus and it worked great on everything but Office 365.

Does anyone know how to stop the email from completely breaking?

Thanks
Attachments:
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Outlook.com is migrating to the Office 365 rendering engine....which is probably the worst of all in terms of web standards support! :mad:

This fix is relatively easy though, the only thing you need to do is resize the images to the exact dimensions they take up in the design. Hope this helps!
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2831240 Photo

9 posts

Thanks for the advice Bob, I shall give it a try.

Why do Microsoft do this? They've got some decent engineers yet are horrendously backwards when it comes to email.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Why do Microsoft do this? They've got some decent engineers yet are horrendously backwards when it comes to email.

I am afraid that Microsoft is backwards when it comes to a lot more than just email!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2831240 Photo

9 posts

Hi Bob,

We are still experiencing some very poor renderings for Office 365 which are preventing us from being able to use the software, because a significant portion of our intended audience, uses Outlook and Office 365; and the finished creation completely breaks when tested in those email clients.

Is support going to be added to prevent this from happening?

Thanks
User 2831240 Photo

9 posts

Attached is an example (not perfect) of what the attachment in my previous message should actually look like :-I
Attachments:
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

This issue has surfaced when Outlook.com started migrating to the Office 365 rendering engine. This rendering engine has horrendous support for web standard code and does not support max-width settings (Outlook.com did) and can not be targeted with conditionals (which we use to solve issues on other Outlook (desktop) versions.

I do have a bit of good news here as well though: it seems we have been able to find a code structure where this does not happen, and does not create issues on other clients :)

It will take us a little bit of time to implement this though, this new code will need to be thoroughly tested on all these email clients (android, iOS, native, apps, desktop apps) and platforms (Outlook.com, Gmail etc in firefox, chrome, IE, Edge). We're innovative but as you undoubtedly know, not the biggest company in the world — currently I don't have an estimate how long this will take but I expect to have a new Email Generator in about 4-6 weeks.

In the meantime, I can offer you a workaround: resize the image to the exact dimensions it is being used at in the desktop version of the email. It's also prudent to use the 'fixed layout' setting. Indeed that means 'no retina' images for now, but with that, the layout and sizing should be consistent across clients until the new version is released.

If this does not work for you please attach the project file (zip it before attaching) so we can take a look. You can also open a support ticket and attach the project there.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2831240 Photo

9 posts

Thanks for the heads up on that Bob,

I imagine I will be doing another build in a couple of days. I followed your advice regarding exact dimensions images before, but the email still ended up broken. If it occurs on the next build, I'll take you up on the support ticket option to see if your masterful team can save the day.

Kind regards

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.