Images not going full size on mobiles...

User 2811774 Photo

3 posts

Does anyone else have a problem with images not wanting to go full size on mobiles?

I have a layout such as the attached called "Desktop", which is built out of 2 columns with the same images and set up but somehow in a mobile view images from both columns are different sizes.

It's been puzzling me for days! Anyone would have a solution to this riddle?

Here are the properties of my layout:

Left Column (constraint row, span 8)
Right Column (constraint row, span 4)

Both columns are set to take 12 spans in a mobile view and all images are the same dimensions with the same settings - auto width and no max width.
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you upload your project file and post a link to it so we can look at the setup?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2811774 Photo

3 posts

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please see attached here

Hope that's the link you've asked for?
file://localhost//Users/evachwalek/Library/Caches/CoffeeCup%20Software/Responsive%20Email%20Designer%20for%20Business/17611/preview/email.html
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Give this version a try Eva. There were a few issues that needed to be corrected:
  • Set the default breakpoint to 620px
  • Removed the 2nd breakpoint
  • You had some styles applied to the Type that I removed.
  • For the Row, I enabled the Auto Stack setting
  • For images on the mobile view, I changed Max-Width from None to 350px
  • Under Grid, switched from Fixed to Fluid

Tested on my iPhone and it looks great! :)
Attachments:
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.