Yellow Rulers in Html Editor (visual...

User 454722 Photo

15 posts

Kim Rickman wrote:
Page size and editing

The safest way to create a page to show up on most people's screens is 740 pxl wide or less. Did you know that you can use the yellow ruler at the top of the page your are creating for a guide on what your page could look like?

Simply move your cursor to the bar between your page and the side bar windows. You will see the cursor turn to double line with two arrows. Click and hold while moving the cursor to the left. Watch the ruler bar at the top of your page. Once the ruler bar shows around 750 on the right edge of the screen, then release the mouse button. Now you can view your page what a typical small screen would view it. You can check your layout and make sure it fits correctly.

Hello, I am a new user so forgive me but I can't see a yellow ruler as you describe. What am I doing wrong?:(:(
gauisus opus per metal
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

Sorry Michael, To show rulers in visual mode you need to do this:

1. From menu click Tools,
2. From Drop Down Menu click Preferences.
3. From Pop up screen, find Miscellaneous and make sure the "Show ruler in visual editor" is checked.

That will make the yellow rulers show up.

User 2363698 Photo

6 posts

Hi,
I have V 2008 b 242 Windows XP (SP3)
I have the "Show ruler in visual editor" checked off, but no ruler
Any thoughts?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I would first suggest upgrading to the 2009 version first. The one you have installed now is quite a bit out of date.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.