Where are the Server...

User 509492 Photo

2 posts

Greetings,

I'm embarrassed to have to ask this question but I've searched the forums and cannot find the answer.

CoffeeCup HTML Editor Version 2008 build 242 installed on Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit laptop)

Had errors on the hard disk. Disk was on it's way out for sure. I purchased and installed new hard drive and installed the same version of windows vista home premium and service pack2. Installed the old hard drive in the secondary slot to copy my data fiels from. I Installed CoffeeCup HTML Editor on the new C: drive. It works great, as did the original installation on the original hard disk. Problem is, I cannot figure out which files(s) (on the original hard disk) have my FTP servers/usernames/passwords. I really don't want to have to re-create them. It is a large list of servers...

Can someone tell me where that file is, and can I copy it from the old hard disk to the new hard disk and restore the server list?

Thank you in advance!

John
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That information was stored in the system registry. The process does require a few steps, so if you just have a few, it maybe quicker to just re-enter the data.

If you still have access to the registry, I can write up some instructions on how to access it.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 509492 Photo

2 posts

Scott,

Thank you for your response. I was afraid the answer was way over my head. The system registry is a scary place where I don't want to play. So I will re-create the server entries anew.

Now I know what must be done...

Thanks!
John
User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

John, the registry isn't as nasty as you think. I wrote this procedure out for someone a while back so if you want it, let me know and I'll send it to you. If you can work explorer to find and copy files, you can use regedit to do the same with this info.

Let me know

dave at pcanytime dot co dot nz

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.