What is the best way to get started?...

User 1931361 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

Hello,

I have an existing website, with 40+ production(prod) HTML templates AND 2 version of 42+ Development (DEV) HTML templates. SO that is 3 copies of my site, all saved into different folders.

I would like to use coffee up to compare and view the differences, page by page. Then I'll zip & manually upload the code over to PROD (re-test), and do my zip & upload to the server.

How should I structure the files in Coffee Cup? One website project per version?

Or 1 website project for it all, then unique folder names underneath?

Hopefully by the time i get the structure setup, I will have figured out how to do the actual code comparisons.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Jackie
User 1931361 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

Sorry Scott, I posted before I read...
my stats:

1. www.easymedicalstore.com
2. Vista Home Premuim
3. CC 9.2
4. Trial
5. I have searched the forums and the help files. Now my eye are tired and I just wanted to ask someone :)

Thank you
User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

I'm not sure what you want to do but stripping it down to basics, I don't think you can have more than one website project open at a time so this would make it tricky to do side-by-side comparisons. You could use one project with subfolders, that way you can have all copies of the files open at once and switch between them to view differences.

Dave.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Jackie,

When you open the CC HTML Editor, you get the welcome screen with projects buttons and a open existing file button. Just click on open existing files, or click on close and then open your files.

To compare files, have just the files you want to compare open, and remember that you need to click on the code area when you scroll down using the scroll bar. If you fail to click on the code area after scrolling down, the file will be back at the top when you return to it.
User 1931361 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

Ah...that does make a difference.

Thanks
User 1931361 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

OK, let me give that a try. Thanks Bill

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.